Cycling for beginners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Think about us on saturday.As we begin this summers intro to cycling for the people at our church.We had Charles begin last year and he did very well.We are hoping for a few more this time.Three rides are marked down all flat well nearly and all in our area using the back streets and into parkland if you know Leeds.Roundhay Park,Golden Acre Park and finally around Eccup Reservoir.With cafe stops.

Dave5N

Über Member
And you've got God on your side. He's much more powerful than the council, even.

ASC1951

Guru
Lots of stuff round Temple Newsam, too, postman. You can link it in with routes going SE out of Leeds and towards Fairbairn Ings. Lots of scenery and birdlife, but small children probably need to be on tagalongs or in trailers because of the water.

caz

Hi Postman, I know how it feels when you organise a run and only you turns up! On the back of something you said on this forum last year about doing some cycle rides I started a group at my church last October and we have rides twice a month, with about 7-10 people on most rides. There has only been one ride so far where I was the only one there - but I still went ahead and did the ride! Did you advertise it in the church newsletter?

Mr Postman, the offer of tea and biscuits and a ride on some interesting bikes as a destination for your rides is still there if you're interested. There are a couple of local pubs which do acceptable lunches too.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
To,CAZ and MICKLE,I was up against a table top sale and a fashion show today all at church.Not to worry there are four of us who ride out on a regular basis.We even have a runs list.Mickle after having a brilliant ride over to York,we are coming out your way this summer.The scenery the villages and the flatness was theraputic i was on a high when i got to York.

Dave5N

Über Member
postman said:
we begin this summers intro to cycling for the people at our church

caz said:
I started a group at my church last October and we have rides twice a month,

A pattern emerges...

Top Bottom