Cycling in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CotterPin

Thanks for this, Origamist. Very interesting. From a cursory read the big positive is the recognition that cyclists should be on the road and that sharing space with pedestrians muddies the waters and is should be a last resort.

The big negative for me was that there was a whole section devoted to enforcement and education for cyclists but there seemed to be diddly squat on dealing with dangerous driving. Instead it focussed on engineering solutions and the (I thought) largely moribund LCN+.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
i wish they would spend more money on making sure utility companies don't dig up roads that are cycle routes, and then porly re-surface them so that cyclists now have to cycle into on coming traffic in order for best saftey.

Such as garrad's road along tooting bec common. such a joke!

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
gaz said:
i wish they would spend more money on making sure utility companies don't dig up roads that are cycle routes, and then porly re-surface them so that cyclists now have to cycle into on coming traffic in order for best saftey.

Such as garrad's road along tooting bec common. such a joke!

I cycle that road daily - it looks like it has been mortared. The LCN markings are a sick joke.

Top Bottom