Cycling Photo Challenge - the current challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
The new theme for the photo challenge is animals seen on your bike ride, including animals in art, sculptures, on signs etc as well as any real animals you see.
Photos to include your bike or part of and to be taken between now and closing date of Saturday 25th May.
Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Katherine

Guru
Gosh, it was hard to choose!

Congratulations to @TeeShot for this picture actually with the sheep.
View attachment 466239

Over to you to choose the next theme.

TeeShot

Veteran
Well 12 hours later and I can say without doubt, that taking pictures is so much easier than choosing a topic for this thread !

As we are now in "Flaming June" I thought water would be a topical subject, we'll either have too much or not enough.

So 'Water', in any form you like. Rivers, lakes, rain, puddles, fountains, baths, streams, you name it. Usual rules, must be taken between now and the closing date, must involve a bike or part of in the shot. Closing date the last day of June.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy the challenge..............

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I ran my two ideas past my wife, and she "expressed doubts" over the one I thought was the better. Such is life. I know the wisest course of action is to accept the advice.

The new subject is - Crossover.

As we're currently aligned with the calendar month, it seems sensible to stick with that and I'll make the closing date the last day of July.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I was extremely tired last night - perhaps not best placed to make these major decisions.

If I were to change the subject to simply "Cross", then that would still cover everything I originally intended, and would have a more specific angle for anyone who'd rather go that way. Do I make sense?

Unless anyone objects, could one of the mods amend the other thread? (Suggest giving it a few hours).

Aravis

Putrid Donut
No disquiet, apparentlyy. Officially, therefore, the subject for the month of July is Cross - in any sense you wish, literal or otherwise. Apologies for any confusion.

A few weeks ago I had to stop briefly while a flock of sheep was shepherded over the road. I took the opportunity for a bite to eat, but a photograph, with a backdrop of rural Herefordshire, might have worked well. That was my motivation - over to you.

Mods: please update the other thread - thanks.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Having purposely chosen a subject allowing a wide variety of interpretation, it was always going to be interesting to see what came up. There are few things that go together than a bike and a ferry, and I was pleased to see that combination.

But the winner for me was the creeper-covered wall. The "Green Cross Road", you could say - it almost works!

CrossStr.JPG

I love the texturing and the vibrancy, and the way the bright sunshine in the foreground neatly contextualises the shady area which is the main subject and tells you what sort of day it was. I'd like to jump into the picture and escape the sun.

Contratulations to @PeteXXX - look forward to seeing what's next.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have thunked..

Machinery.

Any kind: Farming, mining, industrial (new or old) random abandoned machines, but excluding cars, I think, unless they are ancient & rusty.

Usual rules apply. Must include your bike, or part thereof. Closing date is midnight on August 31st 2019.

Egrets are allowed.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Mentioned in dispatches is @IrishAl for his excellent first entry.

But my favourite photo in this competition, amongst some lovely pics, is... drum roll and pointlessly long pause...

PSX_20190829_202306.jpg

@Katherine for this colourful old pump.

:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom