Cycling Shoes for Large Feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clefty

Hi Guys,

I'm helping a mate of mine buy some bike clothing/equipment, and one of the things he's after is shoes. He's not going down the SPD route yet but may do in the future. Trouble is he has Size 12-13 feet, do any of you know what brands do this size? I'm presuming the American ones and not the Italian ones! but any tips would be helpful before I start scouring Wiggle. We're looking for something with stiff soles obviously with a cleat option, if he decides to go to SPD in future.

Cheers

walker

your best bet is to contact the manufacturers Directly and ask them if they make any. I would say the most versatile would be Sidi.

monnet

Guru
A mate of mine has size 12 feet (I think 12, they mabe bigger), he bought a pair of Specialized off the shelf, can't remember the shop though. Shimano go pretty high with their sizes too.

Maz

Guru
I wear size 12 cycling shoes (SPD variety) made by Shimano. For a 12 they're a generous fit. I suppose you could wear them without cutting away the mid-sole section if your friend doesn't want to go clipless just yet.

OP
OP
clefty

clefty

thanks for all your input guys, think he will prob go for some Shimano's as he needs quite a wide fitting as well, going to take him shopping at the Cycle show next month :-)

Brock

Most people suggest Shimano shoes are slightly small for their size. I normally take an 11 shoe, but opted for a size 12 Shimano, and it was perfect, the 11 would certainly have been too small.

Bigtallfatbloke

I have size 13 feet which is a problem in the cycling world!

I wear a pair of Nike walkable roadshoes. These are excellent because:

1) They are available in a genuine uk size 13
2) They are spd shoes which you can walk in or ride on a non spd pedal with, so when he makes the change to spd he wont have to buy a second set of shoes
3) They look cool

GrahamG

Guru
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I have size 13 feet which is a problem in the cycling world!

I wear a pair of Nike walkable roadshoes. These are excellent because:

1) They are available in a genuine uk size 13
2) They are spd shoes which you can walk in or ride on a non spd pedal with, so when he makes the change to spd he wont have to buy a second set of shoes
3) They look cool

BTFB - which model are those? I'd like something walkable that can take spds and road cleats if possible. Also how are they for width?

Thanks,

Graham

Bigtallfatbloke

Hi Graham,

I hav ebeen trying to find you a link but failed. I bought them earlier this year. They are black with silver trim, have x3 velcro fasteners and upper mesh sections. They are fine on the width as well (I have wide feet)... I looked on the shoe but cant find a model number...I'll keep looking.

GrahamG

Guru
Cheers - that's a bit more than I was hoping to spend but it sounds as if these are too ideal to pass up. Did you find that you needed to go a size or two up on shoe size as with many other brands? I'm a size 8 but often need a 9 for width and my current shoes are a bit small as a 9!

Bigtallfatbloke

I have size 12 -13 feet...depending on the shoe. Mostly I buy size 13 wide fitting. The size (49) option is the one I have and it fits perfectly. Any other size would have been too small/tight. You can ge them and returnif necessary i think. Always a bugger this on line shoe stuff...:biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
whose feet do the shoes ever fit, I usually take a 10 for my wide size 9s, 9.5 when I can get them

I got Northwind because they were the widest pair and still ended up in an 11

Top Bottom