Cycling shoes for larger feet!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfang

Can anybody reccomend or suggest a good cycling shoe for someone like me who has large (and one odd shaped foot, due to a medical condition) I take size 12 to 13 depending on the make/type of shoe/footwear. I have looked at lots of shoes online and in lsb's and they all look on the narrow sde for me. Currently, I wear work issue boots for the commute for work, and light hiking boot things at other times. I know the obvious course would be Trainers, but I hate trainers and do not own a pair. I am looking for something to wear with toe clips, as what I wear at the moment tends to twist them and chafe the straps.
Regards, Goldfang.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
12 to 13 isn't that large! Most brands will do shoes that size. Lake definitely do shoes that size and wide fittings too

andyhunter

go for a specialized shoes that wot i use(bg s-works) i used to use sidi but when i tried specialized shoes it was like owning a ferrari :laugh:, they would do your size as i knw a taller fellow that got a custom made seatpost from them no bother and it did not cost that much more for him

Rezillo

TwoSheds
andyhunter said:
go for a specialized shoes that wot i use(bg s-works) i used to use sidi but when i tried specialized shoes it was like owning a ferrari :thumbsup:, they would do your size as i knw a taller fellow that got a custom made seatpost from them no bother and it did not cost that much more for him

+1

There are plenty of size 12 shoes around but like all other cycling clothing, it seems, actual sizes are smaller. Specialized size 12s are 'real' 12s and fit like a glove.

John

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
You could get some Bont custom cycling shoes. V. expensive, but they are pretty much guaranteed to fit since the shoe will be built from a mould of your feet.

They may not really be the solution though, as they are designed for clipless pedals, not clips and straps.

redjedi

Über Member
I have size 12 feet and found the Specialized range to fit me very well. I would suggest going for some with a rigid plastic/carbon sole if your doing long distances, as the longer shoes tend to flex more.

And give clipless a try.

Garz

Squat Member
I found northwave shoes were slightly wider for my feet than the shimano variety.

Top Bottom