Cycling weekends in France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jorgemartin

Hello!

I'm going to Paris for a month in October. While I'm there, I'd love to do some cycling on the weekends. It doesn't necessarily have to be around Paris as long as it's accessible by train. Does anyone have any lovely suggestions?

Merci

JackE

Über Member
You must try the Foret de Compiegne, to the NE of Paris. You could cycle there using the Canal de l'Ourcq (near Gare du Nord). After 15 miles you are in the country (near Gressy), then it's a very pleasant ride from there to Pierrfonds (an amazing place). Get the IGN Top 100 map for that area, it will be invaluable.

OP
OP
jorgemartin

jorgemartin

I've looked at some pictures of that area. Looks amazing! I think I will do it. Is the IGN top 100 a French guide book? Cheers

JackE

Über Member
IGN is the French OS mapping service. The Top 100 series is an excellent fold-out (1:100 000 scale) map which is brilliant for cycling. You'll need the Paris/Laon (No. 09) map. Amazon usually do them. You can also try: www.stanfords.co.uk.

flasryhal

JackE said:
IGN is the French OS mapping service. The Top 100 series is an excellent fold-out (1:100 000 scale) map which is brilliant for cycling. You'll need the Paris/Laon (No. 09) map. Amazon usually do them. You can also try: www.stanfords.co.uk.
Thanks so much for this. I appreciate the effort. It really helps a lot.
property asset project | document internet management software Utilizing your internet resources effectively through internet management software. property asset project | document internet management software

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Loads of places you could go. TGVs are so fast you could get most places in a few hours. You lucky git!!! I'd start in the Loire Valley for a breath of fresh French air...

Top Bottom