Cycling with two kids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User482

Just Googled - are you a millionaire or what?!

I hired one (or similar) from Carsington Water a few years back.... little un couldnt have been older than 18 months.... be bounced around the cycle paths and whizzing through the fords... absolutely loved it. Can still hear the giggles to this day.

Yeah, not cheap but it means we can continue to run one car between us rather than two. Plus we can sell our old trailer.

Number 1 daughter's first ever trip in the trailer was round Carsington!

OP
OP
U

User482

My daughter has been in an upright seat since 1. The back of it comes right up and around so she can lean her head against it. We haven't had any issues.
Don't bother with a helmet for her though, so that makes the holding up of head less problematic.

Your post didn't make any sense until I disabled the ignore function!

Anyway, what we did was use a Weber baby seat until our daughter was about 8 months (pic below at 3 months), which kept her laid back so no issues with the head moving. Then we used a supporter until about 18 months that would hold her head if she dozed off or the ground was bumpy, excellent for a bit of light off-roading (second pic). She always dozes off on any long ride so it must be fairly comfortable.

9775276808aae877a58ae46ee4be0009afdab5575ffa4f3d839797707640fe08fc2d87cb.jpg

38394166a9783a6ccac4783387c3f6761eac25e06a2616f63d1a5595c072503db36c382e.jpg

I have other photos of the trailer covered in mud and me not wearing a helmet, but I fear the interweb may explode...

WE used to take by Sister in law's family out on the bikes when we baby sat, one of the highlights of their stay

The oldest got a Brompton, the second on a trailer bike and the youngest in the trailer.

They used to love a bit of controlled "racing" and steaming through mud and puddles.

One particular day coming back after a wet spell we carried on as normal ... then got home and found a giggling child in the trailer covered in mud and water because we had forgotten to put the cover down on the front of the trailer

alans

black belt lounge lizard
We used to use a tandem with a twin seat trailer.No problems with access to trails such as High Peak,Tissington,Manifold Valley,Churnet Valley,Camel Trail,Monsal Trail.

Various combinations worthy of consideration are
tandem d.f. with child seat on rear pannier rack & tow a child trailer
tandem d.f. with trailer only
tandem d.f. with child seat only
tandem d.f. with tag-a-long

same configurations using solo or tandem recumbents

solo bike &/or child seat, child trailer & or tag-a-long

SJSC produce triplets(bikes not babies)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
"they" have some amazing photos from around the world here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weehoo/78360906610?fref=ts
"they" ?? :headshake:

I'd assumed that was a @Puddles family foto :sad:

Top Bottom