Cyclist assaulted in SE London Waterlink Way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Friend of mine, Andrew was pushed off his bike in SE London last night, on the Waterlink Way between Catford & Lower Sydenham at about 6.30pm. 2 youths standing by the path, one jumped forward and pushed Andrew who subsequently fell off his bike onto a metal fence. He hit the fence full on with his face, suffered a broken nose, fractured cheek bone and lacerations to his face. Both of the youths ran off. Andrew managed somehow to cycle the remaining 4 miles home. Where his brother took him to hospital to get patched up and then to the police station to report the incident.

Ouch,nasty,hope he is ok.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Bad news! Pass on a 'get well soon' and I hope, I really do hope that plod give a stuff.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Bugger, commisserations. I used to ride that, and I'm glad I don't any more, there were often dodgy types hanging out there. A21 for me now.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Oh That's bad news for your mate, Andrew! Hope he is heals quickly.

I was going to take my children along that path next weekend, things like this happening aren't good for my peace of mind!

Why on earth did they target your friend? Was it some kid's messing about?

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Kids? Youths more like, 15/16yo's. Messing about? No.. they wanted to either 1: Steal his bike or/and 2: Knew they would cause an injury

djtheglove said:
Why on earth did they target your friend? Was it some kid's messing about?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Please send my sincere and heart felt sympathies.

I've never used this route but I have heard reports of local youth intimidating people nearer the Lower Sydenham end of this path. ;)

DJ

tdr1nka said:
Please send my sincere and heart felt sympathies.

I've never used this route but I have heard reports of local youth intimidating people nearer the Lower Sydenham end of this path. :sad:

Oright that does it I'm not taking my children down their! Shame!:ohmy:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mate,
I have used the same route every daily commute, there and back for a year, and more besides with no incident, Andrew far longer. For Andrew it was being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it was also at night.

There is CCTV along the route (which the police are looking at).
Don't let lowlifes stop you from doing what you want to do, you and your kids enjoying yourself cycling on which all in all is a very pleasant cycle route.

djtheglove said:
Oright that does it I'm not taking my children down their! Shame!:blush:

DJ

ianrauk said:
Mate,
I have used the same route every daily commute, there and back for a year, and more besides with no incident, Andrew far longer. For Andrew it was being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it was also at night.

There is CCTV along the route (which the police are looking at).
Don't let lowlifes stop you from doing what you want to do, you and your kids enjoying yourself cycling on which all in all is a very pleasant cycle route.

Of course you are right! I must be getting old, A few years ago I'd have dived in and given them all a sound beating!

The thought of Violance now is starting to scare me, but ye I will take them down there!:blush:

Top Bottom