Cyclist down Blackfriars Bridge this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coshgirl

Just had the following in an email from a friend. Hope the woman is okay :-(
"I saw the most horrid cycle accident this morning and I still feel really shaken. This poor girl went under and lorry at the Blackfriars bridge and the wheel was on top of her pelvis. She was screaming so much to get it off her, but there was nothing the driver could do until the fire crew arrived as it was on a slope." If anyone hears anything else, let me know so I can tell my friend.

spindrift

Oh Christ

OP
OP
C

coshgirl

[SIZE=-2]A201 [Blackfriars Road] London
northbound between A3200, Southwark Street, London and A3211, Queen Victoria Street, City Of London [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]closed affecting bridge
A201 London - Bridge closed on Blackfriars Road northbound between the A3200 Southwark Street junction and the A3211 Queen Victoria Street junction, because of an accident.

Last updated: 12th September 2008 at 11:16[/SIZE]

ChrisKH

Guru
Jesus wept. I hope she gets through it. Notorious black spot for "incidents" there, you only have to google Blackfriars Bridge and Cyclists.

Origamist

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
Another cyclist who collided with a lorry then! :tongue:

As 2012 approaches the amount of industrial traffic on the roads is only going to increase. Let's hope cyclist KSI rates don't spike as well.

Tynan

Veteran
very nasty

although I don't recall any problems when I've ridden Blackfriars bridge

i suppose that when you;re riding the dodgier junctions and sections, any weakness in technique/style makes you vulnerable

spindrift

although I don't recall any problems when I've ridden Blackfriars bridge

They scrapped the daft cycle lane between lanes after Vicky McCreery's death there.

domtyler

Über Member
Origamist said:
As 2012 approaches the amount of industrial traffic on the roads is only going to increase. Let's hope cyclist KSI rates don't spike as well.

I live a mile or two away from the Olympic zone, there are whole areas that are now effectively off limits for cycling as far as I'm concerned. When I bought my wife her bike we came home together and I took her along Temple Mills road which used to be pretty quiet the last time I'd ridden along there but she ended up being terrified out of her skin by all the construction lorries thundering past inches from her elbow!

spindrift

I live a mile or two away from the Olympic zone, there are whole areas that are now effectively off limits for cycling as far as I'm concerned.

Ditto, and the new access road on The Eastway is covered in muck and mud now!

Tynan

Veteran
i rode it a far bit all of a month ago, roadworks on the southbound side?

and every other vehicle some sort of construction hgv

Top Bottom