Cyclist fatality London Bridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's almost unbearable to have to say this but....skip lorry.

frank9755

Cyclist
I work on Tooley St so this particularly grabbed my attention.

Skip lorries are the vehicles to be most wary around. They do account for an alarmingly high proportion of cyclist fatalities. The main issue seems to be that they don't have side bars which prevent a cyclist falling under the wheels but there are also concerns over standards of driving.

There is a lot of construction traffic in the area because of the Shard construction. There have been several other cycling fatalities close to this one resulting from that traffic, including two in the same week about a year ago.

zigzag

Veteran
i've just cycled through that place on my way home - streets were still closed, officers on the scene, and lone bike resting against the railings. i was hoping for the best, but was very sad to find out what has actually happened..
my thoughts are with his family.

subaqua

What’s the point
thats awful news.

but please don't tar all skip lorry drivers with the same brush.

a McGrath skip made sure i was given a clear space to move into today, by blocking the idiot car driver behind him, on my way into work tonight.

frank9755

Cyclist
thats awful news.

but please don't tar all skip lorry drivers with the same brush.

a McGrath skip made sure i was given a clear space to move into today, by blocking the idiot car driver behind him, on my way into work tonight.

Fair point and good to maintain perspective - most skip lorries do not hit cyclists! Nevertheless I always pay particular attention when near to one.

Top Bottom