Cyclist vs van driver roadrage Old Kent rd?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The vehicle details for LM53 TXY are:
Date of Liability 01 01 2013
Date of First Registration 07 01 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2295cc
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type GAS BI-FUEL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour WHITE
Vehicle Type Approval N1

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The vehicle details for LM53 TXY are:

Date of Liability 01 01 2013
Date of First Registration 07 01 2004
Year of Manufacture 2004
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2295cc
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type GAS BI-FUEL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour WHITE
Vehicle Type Approval N1
Which is of zero help, what we actually want to know is what the vehicle is. According to askmid it is a FORD TRANSIT 330SWB L/ROOF

What actually happened there?

On the face of it, cyclist (without head cam) experiences an attempt to door him, and then an assault designed to take him to the floor.

And gets the **** out of the situation, thoroughly shaken, without reg no; even if he has the number, he's put it down to "my word against his".

Hmmm. I might be wrong - it could well be justifiable retaliation by the WVM, because the cyclist had previously attempted to door the van, and assault its driver?

Which is of zero help, what we actually want to know is what the vehicle is. According to askmid it is a FORD TRANSIT 330SWB L/ROOF

I'm sorry for trying to provide the little help that I thought MIGHT confirm the reg number as at least insured.

fark you for your attitude.

G-Zero

Über Member
On the face of it, cyclist (without head cam) experiences an attempt to door him, and then an assault designed to take him to the floor.

And gets the **** out of the situation, thoroughly shaken, without reg no; even if he has the number, he's put it down to "my word against his".

Hmmm. I might be wrong - it could well be justifiable retaliation by the WVM, because the cyclist had previously attempted to door the van, and assault its driver?

Justifiable retaliation :stop:

All I see on the vid is WVM cut across in front of the cyclists and slam the brakes on, by the time the cyclist has gone round him, WVM is already opening his door and taking a swipe at him, forcing cyclist to swerve in front of black cab. Only the hard braking by the cab driver prevented him hitting the cyclist.

IMHO no matter what pure supposition you apply to what may or may not have occurred prior to the incident we see, there can be no justification for the actions we see on the vid.

Trevrev

Veteran
I know it was wrong and dangerous of the van driver to do what he did, but i'd love to know what the cyclist had done to provoke that reaction. It takes two to tango!!

BSRU

A Human Being
Justifiable retaliation :stop:

All I see on the vid is WVM cut across in front of the cyclists and slam the brakes on, by the time the cyclist has gone round him, WVM is already opening his door and taking a swipe at him, forcing cyclist to swerve in front of black cab. Only the hard braking by the cab driver prevented him hitting the cyclist.

IMHO no matter what pure supposition you apply to what may or may not have occurred prior to the incident we see, there can be no justification for the actions we see on the vid.
I think you missed the sarcasm, how can a cyclist door anyone?

Assault with video to back it up and witnesses, whatever happened before is irrelevant and probably unprovable.

col

Legendary Member

What does the cyclist attempting to door the van mean,sorry I dont know what that means? And if he tried to assualt the driver then he deserves anything he gets. If that is the case, then this vid shows wrongly what happened, only the outcome of someones wrongdoing previously.

Jezston

Über Member
Looking at it fullscreen, it looks like the van driver tried to (or at least came close to) run the cyclist over before stopping.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Col, so you think assault is sometimes justifiable and thus shouldn't be prosecuted?

Do you accept that if something happened before, that might be prosecuted also, depending on evidence and on what happened?

Top Bottom