Cyclist who don't wear a helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Unfortunately Google doesn't seem to think that Jil Matheson has expressed any views on the subject.
The clue was in the choice of smiley.

No determination has been expressed. The reason shared within the profession is because the evidence does not sufficiently support either a positive or negative view. Saying publicly "we don't know" doesn't go down well with what, you will have gathered, a highly politicised question and people who are uncomfortable with uncertainty. Hence a discrete silence. Which still left the question, 'what do statisticians do when they don't really know'. Some wear them, some don't. Funnily we appear to be more relaxed and tolerant of choice than some here.

Bottom line is there are far more important controllable issues affecting cycling KSIs than helmets. They are a distraction.

Did you know that a Tilley hat can survive being passed through an elephant's digestive system? Try that with a cycle helmet !

There are few elephants in Gosport, so haven't tried that one yet

It did save my life when out one afternoon last autumn.

I was walking along when my Tilley was struck by several leaves and a twig several cm long.

I hate to think of the injuries I would have received if I had not been wearing my Tilley

Luddite Joe

Über Member
Cycle helmets provide storage for sunglasses whilst cycling, and can preserve some modesty in the Spar shop whilst wearing lycra. Try that with a Tilley hat covered in elephant poo!

House!
Thanks @Alun I've been waiting for 'somewhere to store my sunglasses' to come up so I can complete my Helmet Bingo card.

young Ed

Veteran
Has anyone seen the OP anywhere ?

Has he run away and, watching from a distance, is laughing at the 6 pages of same-old-same-old he has created ? :whistle:
last on the forum yesterday at 17:19 but doesn't say what he was doing
i too would suspect he is sitting there laughing at the shear chaos and war he has created with 2 lines of text!
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
But what of it? The OP of any given thread doesn't have any enduring ownership of it.
no, they are allowed to abandon ship when ever they like but in this case i should think he hasn't returned to this thread for above reasons.

do i not have enduring ownership over the post from me you quoted meaning i don't need to reply to your post? :tongue:
Cheers Ed

Do you have this one in the Helmet Bingo?

Planter2.jpg

Back to the Tilley -

The Tilley hat should be compulsory now....

One reason your Hat floats is because of
the air trapped inside the water-repellent
fibres. The main reason, however, is the
layer of closed-cell polyethylene foam in
the crown of the Hat that also protects
your noggin from blunt objects. (People
have told us this feature has actually
saved their lives!)

What more proof for compulsory Tilley use do you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom