Cyclists gets a finger wag !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Policeman on motorbike seen talking to cyclist - causes twenty two pages of comment on internet. WOW! (I did'nt take my coat off). . .
Good. But slightly misses the point. Much of the debate isn't around Inspector Knacker's actions but rather the opinions of other cyclists towards his victim's dress code.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm the opposite unless I'm in company. On my own, on a country lane, my constant thought is what is going to come round that next bend and is he likely to be travelling at speed on my side of the road? On a wide A road I can usually see for quite a way (I'm thinking A2/A20 style roads here) plus there's the fact that an A road usually takes a fairly direct route.

If I'm in company, ride a way back so that someone else discovers what's coming round the next bend :smile:
My old rural commute. C class roads. At night. I can hear the car gaining on me as I climb the uphill z bend. The wash from my lights doesn't light up the trees. He's closing fast... Do I hug the pothole riddled gutter? Do I ride wide so he'll see me sooner as the bend unwinds? Should I just be getting the train home?

Squeal of brakes, horn blast, swerve. And relax the sphincter. He's past. But once it was squeal of brakes, no horn, no swerve, and thud, we're off and I need a new back wheel and a lift to a and e.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've highlighted the troublesome elements largely absent from smaller country roads in the fens, which may explain my different attitude/generalisation. ;)
I did once cause a two-car rta on the same hill.

Apparently the driver passing me saw me but didn't see the car coming from the other direction. Boom! Two very bent cars, in bits, all over the road, and chummy trying to blame me for riding in the middle of the road.

Top Bottom