Cyclocross 2011 thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
The Cyclocross season is almost upon us, anyone out there getting ready to do battle?

I have just sent off my London League affiliation application form, and am planning to begin my season with round 3 in Brighton. :hello: :becool:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Have been BOMBING Down a very muddy and slippery canal towpath all week & I kept thinking that I'd quite like to try a CX Race.....So what this space...and good luck !

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Have been BOMBING Down a very muddy and slippery canal towpath all week & I kept thinking that I'd quite like to try a CX Race.....So what this space...and good luck !

Do it! You know it makes sense.

Seriously, it's just about the most fun you can have on two wheels.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Do it! You know it makes sense.

Seriously, it's just about the most fun you can have on two wheels.

I make you right mate

This week was sheer class, it's quite thrilling tbh , the risk of going for a swim makes you keep on the ball but at the same time I just kept wanting to go faster and faster

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Wouldnt fancy a swim in any of Manchester's canals, I run along the canal towpaths all the time, going for a swim would be a grim affair. :tongue:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Rob, was you on the peak forest canal Wednesday ?( running )

Not this wednesday no, this wednesday just gone I ran along the canal from the gay village, through deansgate and up to salford quays and back.

I'm not familiar with the canal names either btw. There are 3 that I typically run along, the one through to trafford, and 2 out the other way which I get onto around ancoats area, not sure what they are called or where they are headed, the one I use for long runs heads out throguh sport city and out round the north side of audenshaw reservoir, probly give this one a miss tomorrow though as last weeks 10 miler felt like 15 miles due to the slippyness and general muddyness.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
God, I've hardly ridden* this season and the first 'cross race is only a month away, I've just moved and have no bike storage (yet) so the 'cross bike is in a friend's shed across town.

I'll be riding a few though, Central league and maybe one or two in London.

*Well I've ridden to work and that. You know what I mean.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Hmmm. Milton Keynes, 1st October. I like the course over there, It's normally later in the season and a bit on the slippy side (slippy but not that gloopy late November mud). It will be quite different if it's a bit firmer.

Top Bottom