Damn bike computers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongrant

Hi all,
Just got in from my ride and went to get the info so i could update cyclogs and damn it i managed a master reset:sad:.Its only a £30 raleigh one but it does me,anyone else done this and is there anyway to get the info back in?I suspect not but luckily i do have some info at cyclogs.

Simon:blush:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Not sure I follow you... You mean the Computer has reset itself? Estimate the time and use Googlemaps to plot the route & discover the distance. Obviously the max speed should be rounded UP to say... 50mph ;)

OP
OP
simongrant

simongrant

Thanks guys i will have a fiddle around,yeah it did a full master reset,i pressed the right side button but it felt like it was stuck in so maybe this is why.I did notice also on the ride that 2 or 3 times it brought up spurious data like speed 67mph etc.

Thanks again
I will put it down to numptiness

OP
OP
simongrant

simongrant

Hmmm,so you can re-input your total distance done on the bike etc?That is really all i wanted because i reset each ride anyway.

Cheers

Simon

Toby_2009

simongrant said:
Hmmm,so you can re-input your total distance done on the bike etc?That is really all i wanted because i reset each ride anyway.

Cheers

Simon

yep, thats what my aldi one says you can do, if you cant find the instructions then im sure you can find them online or email the manufacturers.

Good luck!

OP
OP
simongrant

simongrant

HLaB said:
If its a £30 job I'd say it'd almost certainly let you mannually re-enter the data, my £10 raleigh lets me.

How do you re enter the info on yours?I have redone wheel size and time etc but can't re enter distance totals:sad:.

Simon

simongrant said:
How do you re enter the info on yours?I have redone wheel size and time etc but can't re enter distance totals:sad:.

Simon
With my Raleigh Echo, you push the mode and set button for 3sec, it comes up flashing 'kmh' you can chane that to 'mph' if preferred. Press the set button again to go to the odo (odometer, total distance) input and the 1st zero starts flashing. Press the mode button briefly to increase the number. Once this is done hold the Mode button down 2 secs to move to the next number and so on. Press the set button then to confirm. The Total travel time and tyre circumference can be set the same way.

I hope that helps but your newer computer may be slightly different, the manual may help.

OP
OP
simongrant

simongrant

HLaB said:
With my Raleigh Echo, you push the mode and set button for 3sec, it comes up flashing 'kmh' you can chane that to 'mph' if preferred. Press the set button again to go to the odo (odometer, total distance) input and the 1st zero starts flashing. Press the mode button briefly to increase the number. Once this is done hold the Mode button down 2 secs to move to the next number and so on. Press the set button then to confirm. The Total travel time and tyre circumference can be set the same way.

I hope that helps but your newer computer may be slightly different, the manual may help.

Thats absolutely brilliant,i have just managed to do it with a little bit of variation,thanks very much:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Simon

Top Bottom