David Millar Autobiography

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woohoo

Veteran
I read the David Millar autobiography last week and, IMO, it gives quite an interesting perspective into how the slide from taking "recovery treatment" through to EPO can happen but overall, nothing too surprising.

A couple of things did surprise me however: 1) until fairly late-on in his career, he didn't have a proper TT bike and 2) how incompetent the Cofidis team mechanics appeared to be in general and in particular wrt the chain drop incident in the TdF TT.

raindog

er.....
I can remember him being really, really p ssed off about that. He would've been in yellow for a couple of days but for that mechanical, due, he said at the time, to 'crap equipment'.

Noodley

Just a few chapters into it, he's just taken "recovery" for the first time...seems an open account of how it was/is.

Shaping up to be a good read.

dragon72

Guru
Just checking the Kindle price on Amazon...

*spits out coffee*

Porca puttana! £9.99?!?!?!
That's taking the piss. I'm not THAT keen to read a cheat spilling the beans.

OP
OP
W

woohoo

Veteran
iLB Sorry but my copy is doing the rounds.

dragon72 You should adopt old technology. My hardback copy cost £9.49 post free from Amazon and see above regarding sharing ;)

Rubber Bullets

Just checking the Kindle price on Amazon...

*spits out coffee*

Porca puttana! £9.99?!?!?!
That's taking the piss. I'm not THAT keen to read a cheat spilling the beans.

There are indeed some kindle prices that may make me spit out coffee, but this isn't one. The paperback isn't available yet, and Amazon are selling the hardback for £9.49, so it's only 50p more for the kindle version. Given that we are paying VAT for that version (thank the government for that, not Amazon)it's not much. I'm not sure I want to pay full price for the hardback, but if I was happy to, I'd probably not worry about another 50p for the convenience of the e version.

RB

yello

Give it a year and it'll be in the £1 section of those cheap books type shops, alongside that big glossy coffee table book on Italian gardens, or '100 Favourite Mexican recipes' or somesuch.

Rubber Bullets

Give it a year and it'll be in the £1 section of those cheap books type shops, alongside that big glossy coffee table book on Italian gardens, or '100 Favourite Mexican recipes' or somesuch.

True, and when it's still £9.99 for the Kindle it'll really worth spitting coffee about :smile:

Actually I hate coffee so I'd always spit it out anyway.

RB

RoyPSB

Über Member
A few chapters in - really good read thus far.

Got mine on Amazon as well (excellent price) along with 2 other cycling books for reading on my hols, but couldn't wait to read this one.

Noodley

I have just got to the bit in the book when Lance admits everything to Millar, I'm shocked nobody else has mentioned it...

:tongue:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have just ordered my copy from Amazon, from the comments here, it looks like a good read.

Top Bottom