Dawes Galaxy (swap?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Looking to swap/exchange a racing green Dawes Galaxy 2007 64cm frame for same (or sim) bike in a 61cm frame size.

Please note:
The brookes saddle, blackburn front low rider racks and the spd pedals will not be included ( I need to keep those), but I will re fit the orgional selle italia gel saddle and clip alu pedals that Dawes supplied with the new bike when I bought it.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

indeed...probably by best bet

But why Btfb? If your seat is @ the right height it looks ok to me. You might try levelling your seat before doing anything radical like changing the whole bike.

Chris James

Über Member
I have said more than once on the various threads about BTFB's Galaxy that his bike looks to be the right size, but he has been in a bike shop wanting to sell him a (smaller) Bianchi and has decided that the Galaxy is too big.

As well as the seat post extension looking about right for this frame size, I see you also have the bars as high as they will go, with the stem rising. This also indicates to me that you don't really want a smaller frame.

If you think the bike is too big for you I would have thought that you would have had the bars a bit lower or at least flipped the stem?

domtyler

Über Member
Brooks saddles work best when tilted up slightly, otherwise you end up slipping forward constantly when they are level ime.

Chris James

Über Member
Each to their own. Mine's dead level and is comfy enough.

I suppose my arse divots have made the nose slightly higher than the bit I sit on anyway!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..well thje swaps off now...lol!

this bike was my companion through germany and france this summer and it rode like a dream, especially in france..no mechanical issues at all over there and under heavy load as well. I will try a shorter stem, but all i cna find or black ones..i want an aluminium stem...but i will keep it now...besides I gave it a name and it's become a friend...argh!

LondonCommuter

I've been commuting (10 miles each way, 4-5 times a week) on mine for 2 months now and I don't blame you. Rides like a dream, beautiful bike. Did you try the tip about tilting your saddle back. I certainly slide forward a bit but am wary of messing with my saddle angle given all the potential down side.

Top Bottom