Dawes Price Increase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup, and they're not alone.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Jakes Dad said:
All Dawes bikes will increase by 15 % as of the 1st May 2008 (ouch)

Due to the cost of raw materials

Simon

Price rises were flagged last year. They are only just making themselves felt. Thankfully I have not imminent need of a new bike. Other manufacturers are due to follow suit.

The thing is the price is just on all bikes that are bought from the warehouse after the 1st are going to have the new price so if you are looking for a new Dawes (the 1st at the moment) to put up there price ask if they got it before the 1st as lots of shops are getting in more stock before then.

Alan Biles

Cathryn said:
Alan, you weren't cycling on a brown super galaxy through the woodford valley on sunday were you?

I do on a regular basis. It's my Sunday morning 21 mile circuit - Salisbury, A338 to Newton Tony, across Boscombe Down, A303:ohmy: to Amesbury then down through the Woodford Valley.

However, last Sunday the 20th, it wasn't me. I decided I ought to attack the garden instead.

And I do have a Brown Super Galaxy.

Alan

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Alan Biles said:
I do on a regular basis. It's my Sunday morning 21 mile circuit - Salisbury, A338 to Newton Tony, across Boscombe Down, A303:ohmy: to Amesbury then down through the Woodford Valley.

However, last Sunday the 20th, it wasn't me. I decided I ought to attack the garden instead.

And I do have a Brown Super Galaxy.

Alan

How annoying. The husband and I were just at the top of the hill after Sting's house eating flapjack and someone cycled past on a brown super galaxy. Thought it might be you.

I've been cycling the Woodford valley for nearly 20 years now and it hasn't changed at all...I love it down there.

Plax

Guru
Oooooooooh, do you think the 2007 Dawes Discovery 601 I have my eye on might go up in price too? I'm planning to get it at the end of May when I've saved up the cash.

simonali

Guru
Plax said:
Oooooooooh, do you think the 2007 Dawes Discovery 601 I have my eye on might go up in price too? I'm planning to get it at the end of May when I've saved up the cash.

Be rather cheeky if it did, seeing as how it was made about 2 years ago!

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
I hope alan is through Devon by now ... we've had torrential rain here for most of the day today

I was in the LBS today and he was saying that so far Mongoose and GT are the only suppliers that he uses that have'nt commited to a price increase so far

Simon

Alan Biles

Jakes Dad said:
I hope alan is through Devon by now ... we've had torrential rain here for most of the day today
Simon

Day 2 (Bodmin to Exeter) was a bit damp until Okehampton. Had a cake stop and re-emerged to brilliant sunshine and a tailwind for the rest of the day. The 29th (Sandford to Hereford) saw us getting wet in Chepstow but we made it into the B&B in Hereford before the rain got torrential. We had a bit of rain in Glasgow but otherwise managed to stay dry and have a tailwind throughout the ride. We arrived JOG on Thursday at around 1.30pm. Got back to Salisbury about two hours ago. No problems and no p***tures.

Cathryn - I'll probably give the Woodford Valley a miss tomorrow if that's OK.

Alan

Top Bottom