Dead fox...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
There's a dead fox on the grass verge outside my house. Fresh, still in one piece with no guts hanging out.

Should I phone the council to take it away or what?

Any sensible ideas gratefully received

Regards
Maz.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Council - highways or whatever - we have a "street scene" team..... via the web... pretty good...

Tharg2007

Veteran
Some time in December there was a dead rat in the cycle lane on Chester road in Stretford, when there was heavy traffic it was hard to avoid it, was very mushy and gross, always managed to avoid it and every day before I set off I would wonder if it would still be there. Guts and fleshy bits are horrible as you wonder if it will flick up off the tires and get you in the face.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well in the olden days you could of cut off its tail and taken it to the police station to collect a reward... or so my Mum told me (and if it was really smelly they would tell you to take it away so you could try the same trick at the next station).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't get fleshy bits on the bike...they go off...... got some bits on my bike once - didn't notice...started smelling....the bike was in my bedroom :ohmy: :biggrin: (at my folks when I was young....the bikes don't get that luxury now).........

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Chuffy said:
If it's that fresh you could always get your frying pan out. No sense letting good protein go to waste...:biggrin:
Agreed.
Is it the season for drinking Meths with Fox?
Maybe a hat with matching muff (paging Fnaar) with the skin?

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
User1314 said:
Wonder how it died?
Roadkill.

I just left a message on the council's answerphone.

My wife just told me that a driver stopped to pick the poor fox off the road to put it on the grass. He then lost his car keys! Starts turning the fox over in case they were under the dead animal! Ends up keyless, pushing his car to the side of the road!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom