Deadline Couriers goes through red lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NigC

I'd be surprised if his boss made much of a fuss. Probably something like "next time watch out for bikes with cameras, you idiot" and secretly crossing his fingers that he doesn't get a visit from the local police.

NigC

Out of interest, what would Roadsafe London do? Would they keep a record of the video, report it to police, contact the company directly, all of the above???? And do you know what area they cover?

Not that I have a camera and usually the chances of getting a registration after I've finished passing on my love to the driver is non-existent, but if I ever have the chance, would they take reports from my area (Weybridge)? Or should I just report to the police?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It's worse than that - IIRC we were in the same patch of traffic from New Cross all the way to somewhere by Victoria. Well embarassing that his van was so slow despite his desperate attempts to go as fast as he could.

croyde

I reported a PCO mini cab to the PCO and his company when he went mental after an altercation with a car behind me and then sped down the wrong side of the road, drove me onto the kerb (I was in a Land Rover with my mum and my kids so had to get out of his way, otherwise.......) and then scattered pedestrians left right and centre.

PCO said that they might have a word with him but there was nothing more that they could do. What is the point of licensing the buggers then:angry:

Your man in that van sounded like he could barely speak English and I would doubt that he had a UK licence. He also would not understand what a red light is for.

Sorry but I have to deal with shoots like that everyday and in my 30 years of cycling, motorcycling and driving in London I have seen standards tumble.

Stay safe.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Couldn't speak English? He was doing better Estuary than most of us on here, Bruv. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - I reckon he probably does have a valid license and doesn't give a toss.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
manalog said:
Bl00dy heck, I'm glad he wasn't behind you!

He was on the second RLJ - the really blatant one. I sh1t myself seeing him speed through in my mirror.

Annoyingly my MD91 rear camera had stopped recording just after that red light jumping cyclist, ran out of memory.

croyde

BentMikey said:
Couldn't speak English? He was doing better Estuary than most of us on here, Bruv. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - I reckon he probably does have a valid license and doesn't give a toss.

You are right but it 'aint the cockney that I woz brought up wif. Apples and Pairs an' all that. Cor bilmey guv'.

Wotcha! :wacko:

Crankarm

Guru
BentMikey said:
You could well be right, Nig! I'm still going to report it to the company, and to roadsafe London.

Why don't you just report it to the Police? It was such a brazen and dangerous RLJ. There is bound to be CCTV footage or cameras on the traffic lights.

What headcam do yo use BentMikey?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Crankarm, it's a VIO POV.1. I've just got an MD91s for use as a rear camera, which you can see on the cyclist RLJ clip I also uploaded today. Unfortunately it ran out of memory before the second RLJ by Deadline.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yeah, they make my legs look awesome. Wish I'd taken the warm full length ones yesterday though, someone had stolen too many Fahrenheits.

Top Bottom