Dear Mr. Large Hadron Collider....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
it's simply a case of someone nipping out and getting the correct euro plug adapter!

honestly...

ADA231R.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There are some very good replies to that article such as...

Future ripples and multiverses my arse, it doesn't work because they've ballsed up the wiring. Same thing happened with our boiler.

Davidc

Guru
Nah.

either

1) Spent billions building the blo**y thing, haven't got a euro coin left for the electricity meter.

2) Load of immigrant scientists from all over the place. Greek guy said (translated) "Is it the red wire on top and the green one below it?" Dutch guy said (untranslated) "nee."

or

3) What do you expect if you let a load of scientists loose with screwdrivers. leave the wiring to the electricians!

johnnyh

Veteran
you just know it is down to a missing inanimate carbon rod... and that the rod in question is currently being used to stir tea in the CERN canteen :ohmy:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
johnnyh said:
you just know it is down to a missing inanimate carbon rod... and that the rod in question is currently being used to stir tea in the CERN canteen :ohmy:
a long time ago I knew somebody who worked at CERN. He was investigating the period of time that went from the Big Bang to about 1/100,000th of a second after the Big Bang. He said that the nearest model they had was water being boiled for tea. Apparently they drank a lot of tea.

rh100

fossyant said:
Bet Dr Who's buggered it up with the sonic screwdriver, in an attempt to stop a horde of Darleks jumping the time vortex.....:ohmy:

Is that in the christmas special? - I do hope so

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
dan_bo said:
I used to have a client who warmed his lunchtime meat 'n' tater pie in a £60,000 ultra-clean Gas Chromatography oven.

Bloody public sector workers............:ohmy:

My ex-clubmate used to work for Philips on the Microwave technology - (not the ovens - comms) - but they used to warm up their lunch near equipment....:biggrin:

Top Bottom