decent mtb mechanic in the east midlands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know of a decent LBS in the east midlands which has a good mtb mechanic there? I've got a bit of work to do on my hardtail which is beyond my skills. My LBS is a roadie shop primarily, and whilst they are good for all things road, their mechanic isn't that good on MTBs. Please don't suggest leisure lakes because their mechanics have managed to wreck my chris king rear hub and royce bottom bracket through shoddy servicing - I've had to pay a lot of money to get key parts replaced on both of those pieces of kit because of their bumbling ineptitude.
Thanks for your suggestions.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
george halls in market harborough if thats close enough for you

e-rider

crappy member
Chris King, Royce..... get you! Do you also ride Ti from CCCP?

Leisure lakes in Breaston is very hit or miss - some of the staff are quite good and others haven't a fuc*ing clue!

Freewheel used to be my local before movin away from Notts - it's expensive and I don't like the staff BUT they will probably do a decent job of your bike - but I'm not promising that.

Chris King, Royce..... get you! Do you also ride Ti from CCCP?

No I don't. I was hit by a car and broke my back a few years ago. Some of the damages I got from suing the motorist (there were no witnesses and therefore no prosecution) went towards a really nice new bike for me, with some lovely components. Hence the CK and Royce.

I need a new hose on a hope mini front brake and I also need the brakes bleeding.

Cubist

Still wavin'
No I don't. I was hit by a car and broke my back a few years ago. Some of the damages I got from suing the motorist (there were no witnesses and therefore no prosecution) went towards a really nice new bike for me, with some lovely components. Hence the CK and Royce.

I need a new hose on a hope mini front brake and I also need the brakes bleeding.
The new hose is a five to ten minute job on a hope mini. Is it 5mm or 6mm hose, braided or ordinary? I have some spare 5mm hose knocking about. The bleeding needs nothing more that an 8mm spanner, a bit of plastic tubing and ten minutes patience.

SoulOnIce

As I said - it's completely beyond me, and if I attempted it I know I would make a mess of it, so I'd prefer to take it to a decent mechanic who knew what they were doing. I have no idea what kind of hose it is.

I take my rather heavy weight hybrid to The Bike Shop in Arnold for repairs and servicing. They are very good and are dead straight with you - a while back I thought I needed a new wheel and they sorted it out for me for a tenner without a new wheel being required.

I can't vouch for their MTB repairs but the shop sells loads of MTBs and the shop has a general air of knowing what they are doing on repairs and servicing. I would give them a go.

I should add you need to call them first and book your bike in as they do a lot of repairs (which I reckon is a good sign).

ultraviolet

it can't rain all the time....
Does anyone know of a decent LBS in the east midlands which has a good mtb mechanic there? I've got a bit of work to do on my hardtail which is beyond my skills. My LBS is a roadie shop primarily, and whilst they are good for all things road, their mechanic isn't that good on MTBs.  Please don't suggest leisure lakes because their mechanics have managed to wreck my chris king rear hub and royce bottom bracket through shoddy servicing - I've had to pay a lot of money to get key parts replaced on both of those pieces of kit  because of their bumbling ineptitude.
Thanks for your suggestions.

surely if the shop is at fault you can claim off there insurance?

Top Bottom