Deliveroo IPO disaster - A question of ethics

Adam4868

Guru
You just hit the "me going berserk" button with the tax thing. I am so upset that US companies have gotten away with billions because their UK business is homed in Dublin, Amsterdam and Luxembourg. Despite the major revenue stream is sales in the UK. Then we wonder how come NHS is not receiving funding and doctors are getting paid less that those in Singapore and Australia.
I'm a hypocrite in loads of ways,have I ever used Amazon....of course.But I try my best not to.Were fooling ourselves to think any of these big company's are in it for anything more than themselves.So at least they should pay like everyone else.

OP
Arrowfoot

Arrowfoot

Guru
I'm a hypocrite in loads of ways,have I ever used Amazon....of course.But I try my best not to.Were fooling ourselves to think any of these big company's are in it for anything more than themselves.So at least they should pay like everyone else.
Can you imagine Starbucks claiming in Parliament in 2012 that they did not make a profit for 14 out of 15 years in the UK? Amazon at the same hearing did not want to disclose their UK sales figures. Google took the cake but telling the panel that their duty is to their shareholders and they were providing free Google search engine to the UK.

Top Bottom