Democracy vs Monarchy

Eric Olthwaite

Insert witty self-deprecating description here
I would have thought Nigeria's version of democracy is actually a rather good advertisement for monarchy.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
How Royalty evolved in human society:

Back in the Stone age: My club is bigger than yours.......:okay:

Monarchies are lumbering old dinosaurs who should realise they're practically extinct. We don't bow before them anymore (although the Rt Hon Member of Parliament for the 18th century, JRM, worships the ground they walk on).

captain nemo1701

Sometime I wonder if the media is having a laugh publishing these stories.

God bless Prince Michael of Kent, Queen's cousin for popping in to bless the kingdom.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56563071

View attachment 582595

View attachment 582594

View attachment 582596

There goes democracy for a toss.
I wonder if they've inherited $25 million and need to 'rest' it in a bank account, just send them your account details...you'll get a cut...promise!!..:blush:.

captain nemo1701

Men who meet the Queen do a modern version, more a nod of the head, and women do a modern version of the curtsy.

With the exception of the Blessed Margaret, who famously rather over did it.
As James O'Brien is fond of adding into things on his radio show as a comment on blind class obedience:

'Doff cap...tug forelock'

Reasons why I don't like monarchies:

1. Power corrupts...absolute power...etc
2. They are not special in any way. They have no superpowers. The only blue blood is in all our veins.
3. The institution maintains class difference...worship HM Queen you oiks!!.
4. It's about wealth, snobbery & privilege.
5. The media is obsessed with them to the point of mental illness. One of them farts, its on the front pages.
6. They are used as a means of social conditioning & control. Some people have a fantasy 'Walt Disney Cinderella' romantic view of royals but in reality, the ones who ruled us prior to the civil war were power mad loons.
7. They are the most boring subject on the planet. Watching tectonic plates move is marginally more interesting.

Lets just throw them in the dustbin of history, eh?.

GetFatty

As James O'Brien is fond of adding into things on his radio show as a comment on blind class obedience:

'Doff cap...tug forelock'

Reasons why I don't like monarchies:

1. Power corrupts...absolute power...etc
2. They are not special in any way. They have no superpowers. The only blue blood is in all our veins.
3. The institution maintains class difference...worship HM Queen you oiks!!.
4. It's about wealth, snobbery & privilege.
5. The media is obsessed with them to the point of mental illness. One of them farts, its on the front pages.
6. They are used as a means of social conditioning & control. Some people have a fantasy 'Walt Disney Cinderella' romantic view of royals but in reality, the ones who ruled us prior to the civil war were power mad loons.
7. They are the most boring subject on the planet. Watching tectonic plates move is marginally more interesting.

Lets just throw them in the dustbin of history, eh?.
You seem to care about them an awful lot. I find that if I don't bother them, they don't bother me so none of the above really applies.

Top Bottom