Democracy vs Monarchy

GetFatty

Incredible rule to live by. Good luck with a society based on this attitude. This place gets madder by the week.
I'm more concerned with the people who are supposed to represent me in a reportedly democratic society. The people going round lining their pockets and those of their friends with absolutely no concern about there being some kind of backlash. That's what's mad with this society. I'd do a list but I'm in my 50s now and would be dead before I could get to the end but let's start it off with Cameron who:

• Couldn't control his party
  • Called a referendum to appease them believing he'd win
  • Walked away scot free when it didn't go his way with no accountability whatsoever
  • Got private work lobbying his own party.

As I say there are people doing far worse things who are meant to be working for us than HM.

Randomnerd

Formerly known as Woodenspoons
Sometime I wonder if the media is having a laugh publishing these stories.

God bless Prince Michael of Kent, Queen's cousin for popping in to bless the kingdom.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56563071

View attachment 582595

View attachment 582594

View attachment 582596

There goes democracy for a toss.
im maybe being thick, but I’m not sure what point you’re making @Arrowfoot
Nigeria is unlikely to be ruled entirely by any monarch. Much of the country is under sharia law isnt it? It’s oil rich and very populous, but I’m unsure how a tribal queen is going to make much difference, or what the equivalence is for UK. Hesitant to see yet another debate about monarchy. We seem to have had plenty of late and usual stuff gets trotted out.
Whats your view?
maybe this is more about any of us slavishly following news media for our brain content?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
You seem to care about them an awful lot. I find that if I don't bother them, they don't bother me so none of the above really applies.
I couldn't really care less about them. Just bored to death with incessant media obsession about them & the supposed 'constitutional crisis' which bothers old Tory farts when something goes wrong. Get rid of them & hey....peace & quiet:okay:

GetFatty

I couldn't really care less about them. Just bored to death with incessant media obsession about them & the supposed 'constitutional crisis' which bothers old Tory farts when something goes wrong. Get rid of them & hey....peace & quiet:okay:
I seem to have reached "Automatic block out" stage so they don't bother me at all. I have a vague awareness that a page in the Times is about them and hey presto I'm on the next page :smile:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I'm more concerned with the people who are supposed to represent me in a reportedly democratic society. The people going round lining their pockets and those of their friends with absolutely no concern about there being some kind of backlash. That's what's mad with this society. I'd do a list but I'm in my 50s now and would be dead before I could get to the end but let's start it off with Cameron who:

• Walked away scot free when it didn't go his way with no accountability whatsoever

As I say there are people doing far worse things who are meant to be working for us than HM.
The fat blond controller:

1. Got fired for telling lies. Lies all the time, he's addicted to it.
2. Booted up to Liverpool by Murdoch to apologise for an article on Hillsborough. Sales of The Sun plunged...good!:okay:.
3. Spaffed £40M up the wall on a bridge to nowhere.
4. Claimed no PM would put a border in the Irish Sea. Then, as PM......

Eton turned out Cameron & Boris, demolish the place & maybe it won't turn out privileged Tory twats.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Corrupt PMs do not make having a Monarchy any more relevant or valuable.

GetFatty

Corrupt PMs do not make having a Monarchy any more relevant or valuable.
True but deal with the big problems first :smile:

Oldhippy

Über Member
To lead anything surely it would be wise to know what those are being led want. To have someone lead a population who has no concept of real world day to day life for the majority is a bit of a farce but has generally been the case historically.

OP
Arrowfoot

Arrowfoot

Guru
im maybe being thick, but I’m not sure what point you’re making @Arrowfoot
Nigeria is unlikely to be ruled entirely by any monarch. Much of the country is under sharia law isnt it? It’s oil rich and very populous, but I’m unsure how a tribal queen is going to make much difference, or what the equivalence is for UK. Hesitant to see yet another debate about monarchy. We seem to have had plenty of late and usual stuff gets trotted out.
Whats your view?
maybe this is more about any of us slavishly following news media for our brain content?
I address 2 parts of your question in the order they are asked.

1) I saw this on BBC and thought the media was having a laugh at her expense. Her Kingdom represent a tiny fraction of land and pop, nothing to do with Nigeria or has any effect. Her comment about elected officials was precious and she seemed educated enough to know better. Read the rest of the article and see her comments about democracy. The same logic would apply in Myanmar.

2) If you feels that I should not be posting or need to meet a criteria that exist I do apologise. The NACA thread is moribund so my contribution. Clearly I was wrong. It has offended you and maybe others. I will move along.

Randomnerd

Formerly known as Woodenspoons
ribund so my contribution. Clearly I was wrong. It has offended you and maybe others. I will move along.
I’m uncertain where this comes from. I was just asking for a bit of clarification, that’s all. I couldn’t quite see what you were driving at in your op and didn’t want the thread t9 suffer from the usual derails. No offence taken

Top Bottom