Democracy vs Monarchy

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
There goes democracy for a toss.
Ah, I see. Democracy is precious and must be respected...unless you're a remain voter, in which case democracy is a crock because you're on the losing side.

So many want to have their cake and eat it with democracy. It would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

GetFatty

Ah, I see. Democracy is precious and must be respected...unless you're a remain voter, in which case democracy is a crock because you're on the losing side.

So many want to have their cake and eat it with democracy. It would be funny if it weren't so tragic.
And yet it’s a Brexit “winner” who brings Brexit into a monarchy discussion

OP
Arrowfoot

Arrowfoot

Guru

You just have to accept that some can't understand democracy. The vote is clear - its Brexit. One should respect a person's vote no matter the outcome. It's a referendum so you can't blame the politicians or parliament.

Last edited:

Edwardoka

Bloviating Windbag
Didn't we already have this thread?

I seem to recall that I was unanimously declared Serene Doge of the Grand Republic, a title which I was famously reluctant to receive, although some wished to bestow a crown upon my noggin. No king I, merely a humble consul.

However, I am pretty sure that talking about such things after the fact would constitute an act of treason, and as such I have placed a bounty of ten denarii on the head of anyone who partakes in it. Except me, of course.

Kind regards,
Serene Doge Edgar I "When in Rome" Pugglesworth

matticus

Veteran
I seem to recall that I was unanimously declared Serene Doge of the Grand Republic, a title which I was famously reluctant to receive, although some wished to bestow a crown upon my noggin. No king I, merely a humble consul.
Remind me; does that rank above - or below - Duke of York?

Edwardoka

Bloviating Windbag
Remind me; does that rank above - or below - Duke of York?
There is no higher office in the Grand Republic than Serene Doge. Consider yourself lucky that my delusions of grandeur do not stretch beyond. Alexander the Great? Piffle. Alexander the Twit! He inherited an empire that already existed. His was a mere jaunt from the Tigris to the Indus, no conqueror he.

While there is a linguistic connexion between Duke and Doge, that is all it is, a linguistic curiosity. This is why I prefer to refer to the former as the Petty Kingdom of Jorvik, to outrage and confuse historians.

Do not assail me with talk of the hilly, rainy, dismal demesne of that most handsy, odious and sweatless member of House Saxe-IFK Gothenburg - itself a pit of usurpatious, inbred vipers - lest ye be smote with a stout stave reserved solely for the purpose of smiting.

The Grand Republic is a shining beacon of freedom, liberty and giving a non-negotiable portion of your income to the treasury of House Pugglesworth, and to draw parallels with the Petty Kingdom of Jorvik does the Grand Republic a great disservice.

Best wishes
Serene Doge Edgar I "The User of Words" Pugglesworth

Top Bottom