Depression. It's back.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm starting another episode of depression. That explains the chocolate, the moods, the rather glum outlook on life, the emotional swings, insomnia, negativity, tiredness, crying jags.

I should have realised before now, but at least I know what I'm dealing with. Had a chat with my boss about it, will go and talk to my wife so she understands, will go and talk to some of the people who helped me last time.

Posting here is just to help me acknowledge it so that I can deal with it. Not really looking for a response or anything, don't worry.

yenrod

I heard 20; the way to sort depression is to get it all out :ohmy:

No seriously - get out there on the bike and do a hard session, man ! :wacko:

Get it all out!!!

Optimism, talking - bright thoughts...! :wacko:

The futures soo bright you gotta wear shades!

It is all good and will be cause your gonna make it that way aint ya 20 :wacko:

domtyler

Über Member
Oh well, does that mean that I have to stop being such a c**t to you for a few months then? :wacko:

Best of luck Twenty. I've been where you're going, it's grim. But it's great that you can see what's happening. It took me the longest time to realise. Look forward to seeing you on the other side when you get there.

Bigtallfatbloke

I have battled with this shoot for 10 years now...If there is anything I do to help jus tlet me know...sometimes an anonomous name on the net can be a help.

byegad

Legendary Member
It's a beggar 20". I'm going through my third episode now and beginning to think the light at the end of the tunnel may not be an oncoming train. Good Luck!

my therapist says honesty( about your problems) with others helps a lot. she more or less forced me to email another rider in our clubs 200 mile ride explaining my problems. I was organiser and worried about leaving the group if i had problems.
it was hard sending the email but i felt better for it, and the other bloke was great about it, and helped a lot with the ride.
all the best.

User269

Yeh, I know. I'm going through another episode myself at the moment. Just got back from a fantastic holiday in Italy, and some terrific rides, but I'm just not there, you know what I mean don't you?
One thing for sure, the more I ride, the better I feel.

tentonhammer

Hang in there mate. I have suffered with this off and on in the recent past and it is an awful place to be. Exercise is a great help as you know, the problem might be finding the will to go out and do it. Luckily for me at the minute I can feel depression or negativity looming and can deal with it. Its hard to keep positive sometimes and we all have different things to deal with but my thoughts are with you.

OP
OP
T
Thanks guys. Maybe I WAS looking for a few kind words. Feel better knowing what's going on, acknowledging it and starting to deal with it. Also feel better knowing that other people have been there too, and that I'm not the only one.

Thanks.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
20"
As a fellow sufferer, I think you know that recognition and admission is the first part of recovery. Try and park the dross of life, concentrate on what's of value and what is readily do-able. Realise the importance of those close to you. Don't keep looking out of the rear window, look forward. Get plenty of rest, plenty of sleep. Be good to yourself... you're only human!
Take care. FF.

Top Bottom