Derby Velodrome.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
With Manchester being closed for a while I've been in touch with Derby Velodrome and it looks like the costs are about the same. Bike hire might be a tad more expensive but it's not so much.
I'm waiting for the booking office to come back with information around booking dates and availabilty. Let you know when they come back.

So if it is Derby................who is still up for it? Any any members who live around there speak up if you fancy it.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Happy to do Derby - I'm accredited there anyway as well as Manchester. The track's different in that the straight is really short and there's a challenging bump in the track coming out of turn 2.

I've found their coaching set-up to be more relaxed and friendlier at sessions as well.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Might make the trip if the date fits. Really enjoyed our last session pre-covid.

@potsy is a bit of a racing snake multi-discipline athlete these days, maybe he will want to join the fun as well?

Sure to meet a different bunch of cyclechatters which is always nice.

Don't forget Colly, I brought a Christmas chocolate biscuit selection to the last session, what will you be bringing to the party? :whistle:

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Might make the trip if the date fits. Really enjoyed our last session pre-covid.

@potsy is a bit of a racing snake multi-discipline athlete these days, maybe he will want to join the fun as well?

Sure to meet a different bunch of cyclechatters which is always nice.

Don't forget Colly, I brought a Christmas chocolate biscuit selection to the last session, what will you be bringing to the party? :whistle:
Ooo let me think ...................?? A couple of Nuttals Mintoes maybe. Don't want to go overboard like.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
So..

Hearing back from Derby l got this:

'The next date we have a 2 hour session available is on Sunday 3rd April 2022. Wed do have some early morning sessions available from 7am – 9am on Sunday mornings, would these sessions be suitable for you? If so we will forward the available session dates.'

Looks kind of booked up unless we go for an early start one Sunday morning.
That would be fine for me but how about everyone else? It would probably mean a 4am set off for those who live some distance away.
Let me know as soon as you can.
Bear in mind an early start might put off some potential riders, and we really ought to be angling for 20 on track if possible.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Sorry Col, looks like I am out then. 3rd Apr would mean me taking two nights off work and any 7am starts is a silly departure from this side of the Pennines. I guess things are just mad due to the covid situation and Manchester riders spilling over to other tracks?

13 rider

Guru
The early start fine by me but I live 35 mins away . It seems everyone else will be travelling a good distance .Not sure you will get the numbers to be viable

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Doesn't look promising at the moment but I'll leave it up and see where things go.

Of course I could book something around April, May or June, a Saturday or Sunday at a more resonable time and take a flyer as to enough bodies taking an interest.

What do you think ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom