Descente Aero-X Bib Tights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
Anyone tried these, wiggle are reducing yet again and I like the look and sound of them, perhaps some longs and the just below the knee ones, they sound rather exciting, as happy as I am with the dhb ones, these ain't no more

simonali

Guru
Wafflycat Junior would be the one to ask, as I seem to recall him being a big CSC fan and Descente make their team kit.

Quite tempted by the ¾ ones myself, but not 100% convinced about the blue yet!

Hello Newbie so please be gentle

never really got on with the 3/4 leg myself (and quite happy with the dhb tighs) but I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has used these too

The Great Healer

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
I like the blue very much and the figure hugging sounds good too now I've got muscles, unsure about the 3/4, never tried it and not sure what the benefit is, shorts I'm really after but another longs is cool, plenty of cold weather still to come and now looks to be the time to pick up winter gear

mr Mag00

rising member
3/4 are good as they keep the knee warm on days like to day, low teens temp outside to warm for full length too cold for shorts. i use mine a lot. gonna look at these too........ are these long length tights fleecy lined?

can u get full length with arent fleecy lined as i find them too hot, i have one pair with are lightweight but have no padding?!

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
dunno

the dhb ones that I'm completely happy with have a very light lining, more of a brush if you know what I mean, just warm enough for the coldest days so far

does the missing 1/4 make that much difference?

not riden today, three days off, brass monkeys here first thing

simonali

Guru
Wiggle seem to list garment weights now, so maybe the lighter the tights the less fleecy they be?

The DHBs look better being black, but there's a bit in the review printed that mentions irritating knee seams.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
I've got the 2006 ones and they couldn't be comfier, they routinely get the full thumbs up, I notice they have two variations now

that blue looks grand to me, a man can get bored with black

mondobongo

Über Member
Worth keeping an eye on Wiggle's ebay shop they had quite a few pairs of Descente bib shorts on last week they were going for £20ish a pair.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Very partial to the dhb ones myself - I've had no trouble with the knee seams either, and am just about to part with the cash for some summer weight ones (Earnleys, I think).

I prefer 3/4 length myself, on account of my tendency to overheat, and a certain self consciousness about full length cycling tights.

John the Monkey said:
I prefer 3/4 length myself, on account of my tendency to overheat, and a certain self consciousness about full length cycling tights.

I prefer the full lenght ones for exactly the same reason

The Great Healer

longers

Legendary Member
They look pretty horrible in blue ;).

That'll be why I've just ordered a pair :biggrin:.

They'll be my first pair of bibs and I was pretty disappointed with the lack of sizing info. I hope they fit.

And I hope I get some sweets :blush:.

longers

Legendary Member
They arrived today, not had a chance to try them for size yet but they look ok. They seem a slightly darker shade of blue than they look on the website.

Top Bottom