dhb cycling gear.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

I got some dhb cycling gear recently and whilst I always thought dhb stuff was 'functional but cheap', i.e. at the high end of the value range, nothing to write home about but 'does the job'.
To be honest though they're much better than that, they seem really good quality! 'luxurious' even. especially this jacket: http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360030691&n=dhb Hawkley Waterproof Jacket
I got it to keep at work so i've got some waterproofing if it's pissing it down when i'm setting off home - but it's almost too nice for that, i want to wear it...I might have to swap it with my other jacket which is really good, comfy, warm and very hardy but seems to have lost some of its waterproof qualities, might have to spray it with some stuff.
just thought i'd share...

domtyler

Über Member
I may get a couple of pairs of their £24 bib shorts. Seem like pretty good value and good reviews.

Maz

Guru
I bought a pair of dhb bib longs a while back. Really good qual and excellent value for money.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
DHB is good quality gear imvho.
Have some of their long and short sleeve Jerseys, base layers (which are especially good), shorts and socks.
Try not to wear all the same time though as don't want to look like some sort of weirdo fan boy :wacko:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Have been wearing their bib longs for the last two winters and they're excellent.

This summer I bought 2 pairs of their bib shorts - sheer luxury and comfort after my Lidl padded shorts !

I highly recommend dHb - excellent value for money.

Janeyb

Haven't bought any dhb clothing yet but we do have dhb Marsden panniers which we got from Wiggle for about £40 with various discounts. It's these ones but in black:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/dhb_Marsden_Rear_Panniers/5360033204/

OK so they aren't Ortliebs but I have to say, on Saturday we got absolutely peed on cycling back from the coast. The water was pouring of us and the panniers. I opened mine when it stopped raining, half expecting everything inside to be wet........nope.........bone dry! Didn't let a drop in. Think I could have dropped them in the river and they'd have still kept the water out. Very impressed.

Tynan

Veteran
the cheap clearance bib longs I got a year ago are plain excellent but I don't like the style of any of their other stuff

mikeitup

Veteran
re

All the DHB kit I got is good value for money. Bib longs, shorts, longs, base layer, jerseys and windproof gloves are excellent.

bonj said:
I got some dhb cycling gear recently and whilst I always thought dhb stuff was 'functional but cheap', i.e. at the high end of the value range, nothing to write home about but 'does the job'.
To be honest though they're much better than that, they seem really good quality! 'luxurious' even. especially this jacket: http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360030691&n=dhb Hawkley Waterproof Jacket
I got it to keep at work so i've got some waterproofing if it's pissing it down when i'm setting off home - but it's almost too nice for that, i want to wear it...I might have to swap it with my other jacket which is really good, comfy, warm and very hardy but seems to have lost some of its waterproof qualities, might have to spray it with some stuff.
just thought i'd share...

that jacket looks nice.. thinking of getting one arond this price for winter commuting, when you've used it some, can you post your thoughts on its performance etc please...

dodgy

The DHB Merston 3/4 bib shorts are fantastic quality, I paid £16 each for them in a sale last year. However, also got some DHB baggy shorts with liners and they're very shoddy, all the white stitching is unravelling on them - but they were very cheap. I've also had unravelling stitching on a DHB short sleeved jersey.

Dave.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

dantheman said:
that jacket looks nice.. thinking of getting one arond this price for winter commuting, when you've used it some, can you post your thoughts on its performance etc please...
Will do! should have worn it today, but by the time i came to set off it had stopped raining so I didn't, but it was a band of rain that was moving northwards and I caught it up! :o):angry: grrr...

Plax said:
Are the DHB Earnley cycling shorts worth getting?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/dhb_Earnley_Ladies_Cycling_Shorts/5360025797/
I'm thinking of something cheap and cheerful with padding to try out under my baggies.
I have a pair of Endura Cool Max ladies boxers which I am pleasantly surprised with. So I'm deffo going to get a couple more pairs of them, but thought I'd also try some shorts.

nah get the finchdean bibs plax. Hip measurement probably isn't much of a factor in cycling shorts so they're probably pretty much unisex.

vbc said:
Apparently, they're stitched together by children in Indian sweatshops.
:biggrin: you can't say that! ;) I once said that about another brand and got bollocked and had my post removed by Arch. Don't see why dhb are any more fair game. even if true, they'd probably rather have a job than not, so it's not a very productive comment.

Tynan

Veteran
my dhb bib longs bear the immortal words 'designed in Italy, manufactured in Bosnia'

Top Bottom