Did the earth just move?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Weirdest thing, my flat just shook. Well, juddered. Twice. Only for a second, but very definite. Never happened like it before.

Sometimes, when another tenant slams a door, you can sort of feel it, but this was different.

Have I just had a little earthquake?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
When I used to be a College, I, and others, would occasionally have a sideways feeling as though the building had just moved. I wouldn't worry about it.

longers

Legendary Member
After the one the other week, a suggestion was to check Twitter.
I just did and there's a few from yorkshire reckoning there was an earthquake.

Nothing here though.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
When I used to be a College, I, and others, would occasionally have a sideways feeling as though the building had just moved. I wouldn't worry about it.

You were a college? Blimey, how big are you?

I'm not worried. Just interested. That 'big' quake we had 3 years back, woke me, and I could feel the building swaying very definitely - didn't know what the heck it was, assumed a minor earthquake, but it wasn't confirmed until I heard the radio news next morning. Being on my own, I couldn't turn to someone and ask "Did you feel that?", so I wondered if it was my brain going haywire.

longers

Legendary Member
Being on my own, I couldn't turn to someone and ask "Did you feel that?", so I wondered if it was my brain going haywire.

When we had a small one a couple of years ago it was on a night that the dog was elsewhere and I thought it was a shame as animals are supposed to be sensitive to them coming and I'd have liked to have seen how she reacted.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You were a college? Blimey, how big are you?

Yes I used to treat my body like a Temple, but I have since lost some weight.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Woo! Cool! It was an earthquake! Reported on Twitter, across North Yorkshire.

I'll be waiting for it to come up on the BGS website....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I felt it! I was on the phone to my sister and suddenly it felt like someone had dropped a bag of spuds on the floor behind me! I told her that I'd check to see if a tremor was reported. It was at 21:04.

Top Bottom