Different attitudes

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by Drago, 6 Jul 2019.

1. mudsticks

mudsticks Über Member

I'd like to do more country miles by bike too, but I need to transport lots of stuff for both my jobs, and live in hilly Devon.

Maybe an electric bike with trailer, is the way to go one day.

Mind you I can still get up our local Peak Hill, sitting down, on an analogue bike, so perhaps there's life in the old whippet yet.

Proper hot today.

IMG_20190707_125652_072.jpg

Last edited: 7 Jul 2019
  2. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

Here you go @Drago even better than the Smart https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-...006446?hash=item3fc66d872e:g:OpkAAOSwoy9dGk85

Drago likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Nothing is better than a Smart. The bunny rabbits smile, the trees breathe a sigh of relieve, and visits to the petrol station are actually quite tiresome because most visits a young lady will inevitably come and start chatting about the car. More than one has asked to be taken for a ride!

Andy in Germany likes this.
  4. randynewmanscat

randynewmanscat Über Member

Change the location to a US state that had previously had an ordinance on clean air in cities and you would see pickup trucks with modded exhausts "rollin coal" to celebrate a great victory against the "p*ssy left and their cuck laws". The motor car seems to have taken the place of the pitchfork for the new peasantry.

Andy in Germany, Drago and raleighnut like this.
  5. randynewmanscat

randynewmanscat Über Member

Salty, on "Prison Island" you will need to get used to raising your arm in salute when patriotic slogans are uttered in pub or workplace lest you be labelled a traitor.

6. OP
    OP
    Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Sounds much like when the unions ran the place.

7. Only if you made it a one size fits all charge (which I appreciate politicians are quite capable of doing...) If you only do it in areas of a certain population density, for example, then rural areas will be fine. Also as @Poacher says, only businesses with more than ten employee parking spaces will have to pay.

theclaud likes this.
  8. Blue Hills

Blue Hills ^

Not arguing with you, but that's where it gets very complicated. Indeed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice