1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital cameras.....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by rich p, 10 Jun 2008.

1. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

.....have made photographers out of us. I used to take crap photos but now I take loads so I've got better at it, I can save the decent ones, tweak some and delete the others and they look great on the PC.
    What a magnificent invention! It must rank alongside the bike and real ale as indispensibles.
    Here's one from the garden today!

DSCN0523.jpg

2. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

Totally agree :biggrin:

Mind you, I was loathe to make the switchover and dump my 35mm at the time. Best thing I ever did though looking back on it.

I must've saved a fortune in processing costs :thumbsup:

Lovely picture BTW :wacko:

3. It is / they are the ideal ideas gatherer - a sketchbook to capture those thoughts and moments in passing...we live in privileged times.

Come a long way since the Kodak DC215 - or whatever it was. :wacko:

4. I had a DC210 until it got knicked, it was built like a brick but took good pictures I was sad when it was gone:sad:

5. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I agree - and it is a beaut of a macro!

As for me, have just made a purchase of a small camera to go along with the SLR - a Canon Powershot A720. Seems ok for the 1/2 hour its been in my posession!

6. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

nice damsel fly rich p :wacko:

7. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Corking shot Richp - it was discovering B&W film and developing that made a photographer out of me, I think, but each to their own ;)

8. Further to my original comment - tonight I pulled my camera out of my pocket when cycling past this shop...I kept seeing it when Smokin Joe's thread was running but didn't want to post it. Within this thread it all seems more appropriate...Obviously I have been tinkering with it to highlight the 'subject' ;)
    209rqlt.jpg

9. OP
    OP
    rich p

They have their deliveries up the back passage I believe:ohmy:

10. I've just gone back to film with the purchase of a Nikon F100. Digital photography is just too easy.:evil: (Although I've kept my D200, just in case I need it.)

11. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Rich P... isn't that the 2nd damsel reclining in your back garden you've posted recently? :biggrin:;)

12. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

The F100 is a very nice camera indeed - I use an F90x for my non manual focus 35mm stuff (F100s were out of my price range at the time).

I shoot both digital and film, although I find the processing of digital to be a pain in the rear, so I try to limit that.

13. Yes - one's super fly and the other is super 'fly'! :biggrin:

14. OP
    OP
    rich p

:angry::biggrin::biggrin: very good

I'll try to get a pic of a dragon fly and the missus later!!!

15. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

...and neither damsel seemed to be particularly in distress! :biggrin: