Dilemma / Procrastination

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Rode my bike in yesterday, realised my ankle was still a bit knackered from my charity ride at the weekend, so left it here with my gear overnight, with the intention of riding it hope tonight.

However, realised I'd gone home in my bike shoes so I have full cycling gear to wear ... and Clarks desert boots.

Fortuntately whilst typing this I realised my bike had flat pedals on it (the clippies are on the hybrid) so it should be at least possible to ride it! However, will I pull off cycling gear with desert boots? ;)

eranou

Desert boots will become the must have cycling accessory of 2011!!
whistling.gif

quassleberry

You bottled it? :biggrin:

I'm sure you could have managed to look suave, I see loads of people cycling/walking about with shorts and steel toe capped boots.

We'd have seen David Beckham sporting that look next week - under his wifes' label of course.

D

Deleted member 1258

I had a brainwave! Ride home in ORDINARY CLOTHES! Crazy I know, but somehow I made it.

I do most of my riding in ordinary clothes nowt wrong with that, been riding to and from work in steel toe capped boots for about thirty years.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I do most of my riding in ordinary clothes nowt wrong with that, been riding to and from work in steel toe capped boots for about thirty years.

I think it depends on your work. If you have a blue collar job where you can get away with dirty/smelly clothes then it's fine.

If you work in an office, you just couldn't wear normal clothes if you have a lengthy commute.

Aside the sweat, it's the road dirt that soils clothes. I recall wiping my face with a white tissue when I got in a while back and it turned brown.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I recall wiping my face with a white tissue when I got in a while back and it turned brown.

you sure you hadn't just overdone the fake tan? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1258

I think it depends on your work. If you have a blue collar job where you can get away with dirty/smelly clothes then it's fine.

If you work in an office, you just couldn't wear normal clothes if you have a lengthy commute.

Aside the sweat, it's the road dirt that soils clothes. I recall wiping my face with a white tissue when I got in a while back and it turned brown.

Currently working as a low level order picker in a warehouse, if I turned in wearing dirty smelly clothes the lads would give me an awful lot of grief, if I get home from work in dirty smelly clothes I get the grief from the mrs.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Currently working as a low level order picker in a warehouse, if I turned in wearing dirty smelly clothes the lads would give me an awful lot of grief, if I get home from work in dirty smelly clothes I get the grief from the mrs.

Either you take it easy or ride in quiter hours or are supremely fit that you don't sweat - maybe all three.

My commute's an hour with 600+ feet of climbing each way. That get's me hot and sweaty. Cycling tops stink by the time I get home and the daughter's won't give me a hug 'n' kiss until I've showered.

D

Deleted member 1258

Either you take it easy or ride in quiter hours or are supremely fit that you don't sweat - maybe all three.

My commute's an hour with 600+ feet of climbing each way. That get's me hot and sweaty. Cycling tops stink by the time I get home and the daughter's won't give me a hug 'n' kiss until I've showered.

I have a 13 mile round trip, 6 and a half miles each way, 25 minutes each way. As you say I take it easy, I'm using the bike for transport, I'm commuting, I'm not trying for a personal best in the clubs time trial, theres no need to go that hard. And yes I'm travelling outside rush hour, but its not quiet, I start at 10am and finish at 6:45 pm. Most of my route is here.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4537753

Top Bottom