Do I, Don't I ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Right then....

New commuter is a couple of weeks away yet.....

MTB has tyres waiting to convert back to MTB....

Do I change tyres now, remove guards and fit a MTB cassette and ride to work like that for a couple of weeks and risk getting soaked (no guards) ?

Or just wait.... bearing in mind I'll have to do it next weekend anyway as we are taking the bikes away, and it currently won't go on the rack with guards....

Advise please ? :biggrin:

fossyant said:
Do I change tyres now, remove guards and fit a MTB cassette and ride to work like that for a couple of weeks and risk getting soaked (no guards)

No, don't risk it yet....:biggrin:

Do it now. You wouldn't even be asking if you didn't really want someone to say 'get on with it'.
You can then come back and blame me when you arrive after being out on the bike on Monday with a muddy stripe down your back.
I have no patience either when I've got something to do, the thought in my head and nothing much else to distract me from it.

RedBike

Looking at the long term weather forcast (and the fact it hasn't rained for weeks) I would say there's a very good chance you're going to need those guards next week.

Radius

SHREDDER
I think you secretly want to do it as said above, so I'll play the devil's advocate and say do it :biggrin:

As an aside, hackbike why are we at defcon 2?

As an aside, hackbike why are we at defcon 2?

Problems with neighbours last night.Actually I think I should put it to 3 now.

I have to fit a horn to the other bike but I really can't be bothered.Will be great when it's done though.

:excl:Never take my guards off - guaranteed to have 2007 style floods the moment I think it will be dry.

Nah I don't for commuting although I do notice some bikes have very little on them,I take it to skin numpties like me who have so much junk on their bikes.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Done........back to an MTB - really fancy getting off road - can live with a stripe I think for a week or two..... my fault if it rains all summer.

Commuter fixed will be mudguarded - I'm just impatient.. It looks so much better with big knoblies on.....

I'll dig my route maps and head up Mellor tomorrow.......

Pics to follow

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Oops..........

DSCF2733.jpg

Top Bottom