Do you enjoy your job.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have just had a laugh with a private courier.My eldest bought online a jacket which was far too small.So he has just arrived to collect it.Now he is the same chap that delivered it.So we got chatting about how quick it's all been.And i told him i know how he feels because i did 34 years with RM before taking early retirement five years ago.
I got thinking a great deal of that 34 years were really great fun.And i miss the blokeyness of it.Hence the retirees meet up i put together once a month in a pub.
So how is it for you.And could you improve where you work.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I left university in 1982 with a degree in electronics and took up the post of graduate graduate engineer with a large multi-national company. 30 years later I'm still with the same company - there's no way I'd be there now if I didn't enjoy the job and more importantly enjoy the people I work with.

ASC1951

Guru
I should have gone when you did, Postman. I was self-employed and retired in 2009, but the recession started to hit our business hard and the final couple of years were grim.

I certainly enjoyed most of the 35 years before that. Not everyone has a choice, of course, but if you don't like your work or the people you work with you need to be doing something else.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Mine can be a stressy nightmare keeping Rolling stock moving,Oil rigs drilling and fire control systems for the Navy working (it's quite a diverse roll :unsure:)

But the salary/package is good and I've been there 17 years ^_^

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So how is it for you.And could you improve where you work.
Pretty good. The mentalism/expectations of others riles me from time to time but c'est la vie.
Improving it? Change the usual... (some of) the people, the processes and the tools. What I can control I change. What I can influence I try to change. What is beyond me I have to accept as is for as long as I'm a hired hand.

No. 30 miles a day riding is ok though.

I love my job. I get on well with my colleagues and bosses. I earn a good salary, working for six months and getting paid for nine, with a decent tax rebate each year.

Just wish the winters were good here. But I normally manage a couple of months a year somewhere.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've enjoyed most of my jobs, including the present on where I'm door to door catalogue sales. Freedom to work the hours I want and no-one on my back, out in the open getting plenty of exercise.

Work is what you make it, the amount of time you spend doing it you might as well make the best of it.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
No. However, we're in the middle of a massive slump so that's all right - plenty of other people not even able to get a job.

This.

Sometimes I hate my job (can be very stressful having to deal with the vile retailers) but then I think what would happen if I ever lost it ..... and things don't seem so bad. On a plus side, I've worked here 23 years, the money isn't bad, I enjoy the commute, I get to wear jeans if I want to AND the people are sound.

pepecat

I have two part time jobs and I like them both for different reasons:
#1 job is quiet (it's in a library), and it suits my slightly antisocial tendancies in that i work very much on my own, am left to just get on with it, and don't have anyone breathing down my neck asking if things are going to be done or not. Suits me fine.
#2 job is where i get to interact a bit more with people (which is generally ok cos the people are usually nice) and where a perk of the job is getting to listen to amazing music in tow great venues in Birmingham.

Neither of them pay all that much, but I'm glad to have one let alone two jobs in the current situation.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
work is 1.5 miles from home , no great responsibilities other than doing job well , good pay, very flexable re holidays etc etc and above all i can commute 4 times a day on the bike , so yes work is good .

do i miss the company car and extra salary from last job the answer has to be no , because with it went more hasstle and aggro

Top Bottom