Do you recycle...without permission ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
A bit cryptic, but i was riding to work this morning and as i rode past an area where people put their bins out for collection, i spy'd some bike bits on the deck.
Whoa...quick turn round and there's 4 MTB tyres, 3 or them in very good nick, and a buckled wheel.
Guess who rode to work with 4 MTB tyres in one arm:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Strictly speaking, its illegal no doubt. :bravo:

But i like to think i'm the cycling Robin Hood...i can soon give them to the bods at work when i fix their punctures...they've invariably got bald tyres.

Do you pick things up on the way ? Cycling or non cycling ?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Good on you, a friend of mine rides nothing but "recycled" bikes and why not.

It really annoys me the way our local tip won't let anyone buy or take anything, surely someone reusing someone else's "rubbish" is the ultimate in recycling so why do they insist in smashing it up I don't get it at all they should be encouraging it.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I saw an old Raleigh folder shopper thing at the bottom of the road.
The wheels were buckled but it wasnt in too bad of a condition. I was tempted to grab it and do it up for my GF, but i think it was probably stolen so i just left it.
Its a shame, i think i could of ended up turning it into a nice-ish bike for her.

Gromit

Über Member
I used to do it all the time on my recycle round. I don't see any harm in it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gromit said:
I used to do it all the time on my recycle round. I don't see any harm in it.

Yes, and it rubbed off on me, and I still have the naff vintage car shaped novelty whisky bottle!

I have in the past extracted a fully sprung old leather saddle (not Brooks) from a skip, and someone eventually gave me a tenner for it for a retro bike.

Top Bottom