Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Never

Votes: 43 36.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
2068979 said:

Tried it, they blow off going down hill:blush:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
That wasn't the point I made earlier though, which is concerned directly with the Always and Nevers.
Whatever. If you're going to pick someone up on a mistake, it helps to be sure it is a mistake, and not just something you haven't read properly. Especially if you're going to use the laughing smiley.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
2069120 said:
Is that what that is. I thought it was the "just had a banana stuck up its bottom without prior agreement" smiley
It could be that. The jury is out on whether smilies function symbolically, or are merely signifiers like any other, harnessing convention to what is essentially arbitrariness by means of a system of differences.

Reactions: srw
Whatever. If you're going to pick someone up on a mistake, it helps to be sure it is a mistake, and not just something you haven't read properly. Especially if you're going to use the laughing smiley.

It isn't a mistake......

It is a fact, more of the people replying do not wear a helmet all the time. by a clear margin

The sometimes could wear it 99 times out of 100 but they would not put always, so it depends where you put them. Do they wear it the majority of times, most of the time or rarely?

D

Deleted member 20519

I wear one and 99.9% of my commute is cycle path. It just doesn't feel right when I'm not wearing it, I'm accustomed to it.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Yes I suppose I should. I'd wear one of those WW2 bike helmets

Actually, that would look pretty cool! Or one of the bomber command leather helmets with goggles. You'd always get a seat on the bus!!

billflat12

Veteran
I wear one and 99.9% of my commute is cycle path. It just doesn't feel right when I'm not wearing it, I'm accustomed to it.

Felt like i was the only helmet riding quiet " traffic free" local routes with one so got accustomed to a on-one beanie instead , was easier to store in a pocket while calling in a local shop.
I wear a helmet for mtb & in busy traffic though.
No nanny state for me , give me the freedom of choice every time !! :cycle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom