Dodgy bidder?

Is my bidder

• Genuine and loves old bikes and has bottomless pockets

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • A nutter who just likes to bid on scrap metal

• A scammer who will offer a scammy scam to pay for it then run off with my bank account

• Drunk

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonk man

or a twit....
My old bike is listed on fleabay, fair enough, the bidder is in Hong Kong , the bike is worth 20-30 quid, postage is going to be 200........
Is this person a scammer or deluded:biggrin:

i'll go first then!

rh100

Maybe it's worth a bit over there? Or it's hard to come by - could always email and ask why?

I am Spartacus

Über Member
XmisterIS said:
Have you emailed him and asked him, "Do you really want to pay £200 postage on a £20 bike?".

I am sure there is a setting to restrict viewing to the co.uk which at least stops random overseas hits... and as long as you spec up the true cost of DHLing it out there with packaging etc etc that probably gonna cost a bomb (so thats + £50 for arsing about doing that) and the money hits your Paypal.. do you care?
Personally I would find out if he intends to fly here and ride it home?

rh100

bonk man said:
Have you seen IT yet ? ;)

hmmm....are you trying to drum up a local sale?? the classifieds are over that way I think! ;)

Any publicity good publicity eh? ;)

rh100

bonk man said:
Yeh , I got uncle Mao to put a bid on;)

:biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
No, I would say your bidder wants that classic old bike because he or she can make a fortune out of it in HK. I once sold an old leather jacket on Fleabay to a bidder in Tokyo, I had bought it in London for £100 about 20 years before and I sold it for £100 plus courier charges. It was well used with plenty of dead flies and red dust stuck to it from its last trip, which was across the Great Australian desert. It probably got sold for hundreds of dollars in a trendy boutique frequented by rich Japanese playboys wanting instant street cred.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Rigid Raider said:
No, I would say your bidder wants that classic old bike because he or she can make a fortune out of it in HK. I once sold an old leather jacket on Fleabay to a bidder in Tokyo, I had bought it in London for £100 about 20 years before and I sold it for £100 plus courier charges. It was well used with plenty of dead flies and red dust stuck to it from its last trip, which was across the Great Australian desert. It probably got sold for hundreds of dollars in a trendy boutique frequented by rich Japanese playboys wanting instant street cred.

I sold a well worn pair of Lewis Leathers motor cycle boots with broken zips for £120 + expensive postal charges to a chap in Japan. well over the odds in my opinion but he wanted them badly as evidenced by his bidding history for them.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Perhaps he's expecting to get a UK friend to collect it for him? Or maybe he moved to the UK and hasn't updated his ebay account to say so yet

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
...he might show you the way? Go on line and create a whole new Twitter /blog diary so that your bidder can see your progress... you never know where it may lead you.

Did you ever read the story of the redpaperclip?

Top Bottom