Does anybody make a wallet for cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The recent thread about the unidentified dead cyclist has concentrated my mind on this. I always carry a cheap cellphone in a jersey pocket inside a sealed sandwich bag. I slip cash and sometimes keys into the same bag so the bags don't last long. I need a sweat and rain resistant wallet, that fits in a jersey pocket and has space for a phone, some cash, door key and a card with my contact details on it for emergencies (there is no cellphone coverage in most of the area where I cycle).

Any suggestions?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have seen a few cyclists that do have such a thing. ... am sure someone will pop up with some links as to where to get them from.

zacklaws

Guru
Here we go, this is what I bought to use for cycling, but I have never done so yet as I still prefer the plassy bag method, space is valuable in my pockets, but these small wallets are good and I am very impressed with mine. It only holds 4 or 5 cards and about 5 bank notes and because they are so small, you do not have to clear them out every now and again from all those till receipts you accumulate in a normal wallet. A lot of people when I am out and about who see it, get impressed with it and want one too.

http://www.thejimi.com/

http://www.chainreac...rch=jimi+wallet

But I have just seen you need to put a phone in it, so a Jimi would be too small, but I have seen a wallet that does take all you want to put in it, but cannot remember where, its designed to fit a back pocket of a cycle jersey

Topeak do phone packs to fit on your stem etc, Simple ID card round the neck, and a jimi wallet, house keys hidden out in the garden, what is the point in carrying extra weight/unessentials and something easy to loose. Problem I feel with keeping everything together is loose one, you loose the lot.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I've got a Lezyne Smart Wallet, that fits phone, cash, cards, tyre levers, puncture repair kit and multi tool (as long as it's a flat one).
It's not tiny, but does fit into a jersey pocket OK.

zacklaws

Guru
I've got a Lezyne Smart Wallet, that fits phone, cash, cards, tyre levers, puncture repair kit and multi tool (as long as it's a flat one).
It's not tiny, but does fit into a jersey pocket OK.

That's the one I've seen, they look good, but I would be too frightened to loose all my valubles in one go, to date I have never lost anything out of a jersey back pocket, but one day it might happen.

In fact just looked at some reviews for it and they do not regard it highly.

In all honesty, I do not think you can beat a plassy bag or something similar.

ohnovino

Large Member
Cash bags from the bank. Great for cash (obviously) and cards, and I can just about fit my mobile in one.

Zoiders

The alpkit insertion bags are a bit on the large side.

I linked to roll top water proof wallets which you can get from any dive/surf shop or good outdoors shop.

Vaude/Ortleib are the pricey options.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
Aluma Wallet (eBay)

Aluma-Wallet.jpg

amaferanga

Veteran
I just use a seal-able food bag for my phone, a tenner and usually a bank card. Big advantage of this is that it still (just) fits in the zipped pockets that most of my jerseys have meaning I don't have to worry about it jumping out of a pocket. And that's with a not-so-small Samsung Galaxy phone.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS watch it with smart phones - you need it in something waterproof..i.e. bag or like above. The sweat you produce can kill them or invalidate warranty, many have moisture strips inside, if they get activated, bye bye warranty.

I shove mine in a bag in my back pocket. I'm a sweaty bugger.

Top Bottom