Does anyone know where ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that a Space Grip? (For freeing up extra bar space for lights, etc.) I've got a Minoura version you can have.

OP
OP
R

rickangus

Über Member
Thanks; in my rush to try and post this (and my difficulty with the technology to post a pic!) I didn't really include an explanation.

Yes, it is a "space bar" type thing to attach computer, light etc. It replaces the top hald if the handlebar stem clamp. I think it works well and want one for my wife's bike.

Thanks RT for your kind offer. I hope I don't sound ungrateful but I've already got a Minoura version and am less than impressed with it.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
rickangus said:
I hope I don't sound ungrateful but I've already got a Minoura version and am less than impressed with it.

Too right, without doubt the Minoura space grip is the biggest load of **** going. The metal holding strap made from a substance softer than balsa wood is hopeless. :biggrin::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

OP
OP
R

rickangus

Über Member
Thanks Fab,

I actually bought mine from SJS in 2005 but the it appears the item is no longer made. SJS do something vaguely familiar which I might have to settle for if I can't find the one that I want.

Incidentally, it is called a "Mounty Special Space Cap front loading stem accessory bracket".

Catchy name that, don't you think?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
rickangus said:
Thanks Fab,

I actually bought mine from SJS in 2005 but the it appears the item is no longer made. SJS do something vaguely familiar which I might have to settle for if I can't find the one that I want.

Incidentally, it is called a "Mounty Special Space Cap front loading stem accessory bracket".

Catchy name that, don't you think?[/
QUOTE]

No wonder they're no-longer available! Nicely made though and a nice idea.

Top Bottom