1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know where ...

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by rickangus, 20 May 2008.

1. rickangus

rickangus Über Member

...I can get one of these things?

2. Is that a Space Grip? (For freeing up extra bar space for lights, etc.) I've got a Minoura version you can have.

3. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

4. OP
    OP
    rickangus

rickangus Über Member

Thanks; in my rush to try and post this (and my difficulty with the technology to post a pic!) I didn't really include an explanation.

Yes, it is a "space bar" type thing to attach computer, light etc. It replaces the top hald if the handlebar stem clamp. I think it works well and want one for my wife's bike.

Thanks RT for your kind offer. I hope I don't sound ungrateful but I've already got a Minoura version and am less than impressed with it.

5. on the road

on the road Über Member

Be careful how you hold that, you might get the ARV's chasing you :ohmy:

6. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Too right, without doubt the Minoura space grip is the biggest load of **** going. The metal holding strap made from a substance softer than balsa wood is hopeless. :biggrin::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

7. simonali

simonali Über Member

Don't s'pose RT would be giving it away if it were any good?! ;)

8. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Try SJS Cycles, think I saw such a device promoted there or on the Thorn bikes...

9. OP
    OP
    rickangus

rickangus Über Member

Thanks Fab,

I actually bought mine from SJS in 2005 but the it appears the item is no longer made. SJS do something vaguely familiar which I might have to settle for if I can't find the one that I want.

Incidentally, it is called a "Mounty Special Space Cap front loading stem accessory bracket".

Catchy name that, don't you think?

10. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

11. No, that's true. I think the thing is a load of rubbish, too.:biggrin:
    Apart from anything else, it looks ridiculous poking up from my bars when I don't have my bar bag on.