1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone NOT...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 18 Dec 2007.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

..drink here :angry:

I was saying to one a salesman the other day whilst having a convo. that I wouldnt be bothered if a drop of alcohol NEVER ever touched my tongue again :biggrin:

Ive seen what alcohol can do and its pretty nasty even from a positive p.o.view.

If, at all - one or 2 max but anything more than this in one sitting once a week and I feel you lose yourself, in general, never mind monetarily - to much and put your health at risk !

2. me

3. col

col Veteran

I dont normally drink,but do have a few if i go somewhere,four or five is my limit,anymore and im anybodies.Not used to it .

4. I drink loads and I love it. You can't beat a good session on the Timmy Taylor's.

5. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

100% teetotal, although it is for religious reasons rather than health ones.

6. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

I haven't drunk for almost twenty years, no particular reason but I just prefer life without it.

7. pzycoman

pzycoman New Member

Iv never drank ever and hopefully never will.

8. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

I've frequently resolved to never, EVER touch the booze again.....well not till the next time anyway....though now these days I seem to have replaced it with a killer cycling jones instead, especially since I discovered MTBing.

9. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

...see that's why you spend so long having poopies - you need to drink more :rolleyes:

10. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine

I've done that too - though not for ages. Always seems to happen after I've spent some none-quality time on the Great White Telephone to God.

Maybe I'm allergic to Toilet Duck. Yeah, that must be it.:rolleyes:

11. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

You just need to find a happy medium. My new year resolution for about the past ten years now has been to go the whole year without throwing up due to excess drinking. I think I've managed about seven out of ten. Mind you it's getting easier as these days I tend to confine myself to a bottle of wine at the weekend.

12. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Now THAT's a good resolution. Thanks Andy.

I used to drink a lot and don't nowadays except the odd night out, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. The result is that when I do scoop a lot I completely capitulate the next day and suffer horribly. I then feel guilty for wasting my time and everyone elses by slouching about in hangover gloom.

I used to really enjoy the feeling of being totally monged, but now I don't. My problem is basically I think I will enjoy it, and I can't say no to another round.

13. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Gonna get the beers in then? :rolleyes:

14. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Having played senior rugby and cricket from the age of 14 until I was 39, I've done my fair share of drinking! :smile: :rolleyes:
    Nowadays I'll have a bottle of wine with the evening meal (but only about once every two weeks or so) and a brandy with the evening coffee.
    Real ale is supped on the times I'm back with my mates in England, but generally speaking I rarely drink these days.
    My choice now is brandy, and that would be at the expense of everything else.

So Yenrod, I didn't really answer your question, but I can't imagine there would be many who didn't drink.

15. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

I'd happily buy you a drink mofo, after your spill last week.