Does anyone remember the public information film about hypothermia?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

I remember a soldier stumbling about in the snow and being put in a sleeping bag with his mate to share body heat. I've searched and can find lots of other public information films which I had forgotten about but can't find this one. Can anyone else remember it or am I just imagining it?

Mr Pig

Yes, we used to play 'hypothermia man' at school :0)

Apaches was quite a gruesome one. Surprised there were any kids left alive in rural areas in the 1970's.

Can remember watching one about the dangers of playing on train tracks - where the viewer is presented with the quadriplegic victim wrapped in a tartan blanket at the end of the film.

Still played near train tracks though!

just jim

I remember it! I thought he was a pilot though - it looked (memory disclaimer) like an RAF flightsuit he had on.

solmisation

I remember it, though looking here
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/
it doesn't seem to be listed. Some of the others bring back memories.

pakelly99

I remember a soldier stumbling about in the snow and being put in a sleeping bag with his mate to share body heat. I've searched and can find lots of other public information films which I had forgotten about but can't find this one. Can anyone else remember it or am I just imagining it?

Yeah, I remember the film you mean, it's so strange how it is impossible to find now. Similar to someone else here, we used to play it in school. As I recall, one of the first things the narrator says, was always how we started the game, acting as the RAF guy in the wet flight suit, i.e. "he looks like he's drunk, but..". I am pretty sure we varied the act, "he looks like he's drunk, because he is drunk..", or "he looks like he has hypothermia, but actually he's drunk".

Also similar to other comments here, I do remember the music was very distinctive, and actually, the sort of thing that today I suspect many who enjoy aphex twin or similar would appreciate. I have to disagree with someone else's ping ping ping though, (as donald trump too would probably describe it had he seen it), no, for me it was always much more of a dan, dandan dan, or dun, dundun dun, something like

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.

You're not imagining it, I recall seeing it many times.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
holy-thread-resurrection-batman.jpg

Top Bottom