Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Flush it down the loo

• Bury it

• Use a special dog toilet

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK, now I have a dog I need to know the right thing to do with the poo :smile:

So what's the considered opinion. I started burying it but a) he digs it up and :sad: it's not the best way to dispose of it due to Toxocariasis.

So, I could flush it (but not cat poo, aparently), bin it or use a dog toilet. Which one? :biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Bag & bin, to lessen the huge environmental impact you can use nappy bags that are biodegradeable.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

tdr1nka said:
Bag & bin, to lessen the huge environmental impact you can use nappy bags that are biodegradeable.

Got the bio-degradable ones now. Has to go in the general rubbish though, there's none of those red bins here.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I guess it depends on where you are collecting it. If you are out then bag and bin, if in your own garden then it could go down the toilet. I thought about installing an old toilet pan and cystern in my out house for my last dog but never got round to it. I did managed to train him to go on newspaper laid on the pavement though, easier then bags.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
From experience, unless its a small dog, don't bother with the dogbog. The parents trialled them twice with subsequent labradors and they couldn't cope with the volume!

Normal indoor toilet's perfectly suited to the jobby as far as I can see...

Noodley

Night Train said:
I thought about installing an old toilet pan and cystern in my out house for my last dog but never got round to it.

Did you plan on training him to use it?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Noodley said:
Did you plan on training him to use it?
I sorta knew that would come up!:biggrin:
He couldn't squat high enough hence he trained on paper.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I read somewhere you're not supposed to use newspaper as when the rubbish goes into a landfill it then leaches into the surrounding soil, possibly getting into the water table. Mind you, there are probably worse things getting in than that.

Gambatte, a bit of reading around, reckons the dog loos don't work and your parents experience confirms my doubts on them. A friend also told me his dog dug it up :evil:

Bag, bin and loo are looking favourite.

Noodley

I use bags, close them tightly, place in bin.

Gos luck when it's windy...(stick a sizeable stone in the bag)

Troy

Keith Oates said:
If it's anything like one place I once lived, throw it in the neighbours back garden when he's not looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My sister had a neighbour like that.

Top Bottom