Dont you love it when.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roscco

You reach down and pick up your water bottle, as you bring it up for a drink you realise a large lump of mud (of mud like stuff) has flicked up from the road and landed right on the top.... fantastic!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
You reach down and pick up your water bottle, as you bring it up for a drink you realise a large lump of mud (of mud like stuff) has flicked up from the road and landed right on the top.... fantastic!

I have one word for you - mudguards.

[puts on helmet & flack jacket, and retreats to concrete bunker]

Night Train

Maker of Things
When I first took the KMX for a spin around the green outside the lack of front mudguards meant I got a bit of mud on my face.
Then my nose told me it wasn't mud!:cursing:

gavintc

Guru
On a similar note, last spring on one of my last rides before leaving Edinburgh, we were on some lanes in East Lothian and the farmer had recently taken his herd of cows down the lane. The road was effectively a slurry bath. Trying to take a drink from the bottle after we had been on that lane was not fun. I still remember the smell as I brought the bottle up to my lips.

longers

Legendary Member
Yep, mudguards.
Does anyone know if cyclists are more likely to get gut-rot of various kinds than non-cyclists, or cyclists who don't keep their bottles on their frames?

Or them that go offroad compared to them that don't. I don't get off road much and don't get much gut rot.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have one word for you - mudguards camalbak :thumbsup:

Top Bottom