Downloading saved tracks from memory card?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
I have just done LeJOG and I have saved the track logs on the SD card (well hopefully I have anyway)

But how do I get them of the SD card and onto my PC?

I have Mapsource loaded and I thought that if I clicked on "receive from device" it would extract everything from the GPS over to the PC, but it hasnt. Only saved routes, waypoints and the last 100 miles or so of the 933 mile route.

However when I go to the Track Log setup, and then Data Card Setup all the .gpx files are there in dated order, but I cannot seem to do anything with them....confused. It is also only showing as 8% full, so plenty of space left.

Q2
How should I have this set up, log track to data card or not?

Q3
In the Track log setup, there is a check box to "wrap when full, should this be ticked or not?

delstron

I have just done LeJOG and I have saved the track logs on the SD card (well hopefully I have anyway)

But how do I get them of the SD card and onto my PC?

I have Mapsource loaded and I thought that if I clicked on "receive from device" it would extract everything from the GPS over to the PC, but it hasnt. Only saved routes, waypoints and the last 100 miles or so of the 933 mile route.

However when I go to the Track Log setup, and then Data Card Setup all the .gpx files are there in dated order, but I cannot seem to do anything with them....confused. It is also only showing as 8% full, so plenty of space left.

Q2
How should I have this set up, log track to data card or not?

Q3
In the Track log setup, there is a check box to "wrap when full, should this be ticked or not?

In the Garmin main menu go to setup then interface before starting. Open Windows explorer and navigate to the Etrex device which should show up as a drive, probably e,f, g etc. Then drag and drop the files into your C drive.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
In the Garmin main menu go to setup then interface before starting. Open Windows explorer and navigate to the Etrex device which should show up as a drive, probably e,f, g etc. Then drag and drop the files into your C drive.

Brilliant, all sorted, thanks for the point in the right direction.

Top Bottom