Drain theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Camrider

Another reason to stay well out from the curb.

BigTam

Über Member
This whole metal teft thing is getting out of hand, I work for BT and we have thousands of KM's cable stolen every month, these scum go to the scrap dealers, who buy it off them, knowing what it is, its not the thieving low life they want to arrest but the dodgy scrap dealers, no buyers no thieves. :cursing:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This whole metal teft thing is getting out of hand, I work for BT and we have thousands of KM's cable stolen every month, these scum go to the scrap dealers, who buy it off them, knowing what it is, its not the thieving low life they want to arrest but the dodgy scrap dealers, no buyers no thieves. :cursing:

It is indeed. And these scum have no morals what so ever. Near where I live they have stolen nameplates from a war memorial. Another one of these thieves also died by electrocution when they tried to steal some railway trackside cable.

A neighbour of mine works for the Council. He reckons the thieves get a fiver for one of these covers. But it can cost up to £1,000 to replace, because they are all different sizes and designs.

I came across this sort of thing a few years ago, cycling home in the dark. About 8 had gone in the same area, you could see where they'd been dragged along the road. Lot's of houses either side and near a pub, at kicking out time, I was really worried a merry soul wouldn't notice it til too late.

soulful dog

Veteran
Where I stay they've nicked drain covers, and taken the cable from the lights in a park (not a real park more of a patch of grass/trees with a path through it). They've dug up at least 10 metres each side of around 20 lights - during the day, they only stopped when I wandered past with my dog and told them I was phoning the police - no one else bothered and they must have been at it for hours/days. Plus, on an old street that's empty and been closed off for a few years they've not only taken the cables, but removed the entire street lights too.

col

Legendary Member
It is indeed. And these scum have no morals what so ever. Near where I live they have stolen nameplates from a war memorial. Another one of these thieves also died by electrocution when they tried to steal some railway trackside cable.
Shocking

Top Bottom