Dream Tour: If you were given time off with all the gear / expenses paid for - where would you go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Polocini

Veteran
Not quite the dream tour as it wasn't on the magical 'expenses paid' of this thread but in the last week we jumped in the van and did Sunday - Flanders, Mon - Roubaix, Tues - Driving, Weds/Thurs - Ventoux, Fri - Driving, Sat - Amstel, Sun/Mon - Flanders then overnight ferry home Monday night.

A mixture of work and dream riding.

AL

grumpyoldwoman

more serious answer.

I would love to tour the UK, like every bit of it. I suspect I'd like to take a coast route around it and then somehow zig zag across, or into the inland parts.

That is my dream tour.

One day.

Firestorm

Veteran
New Zealand
Cross the South Island and back via Arthur's and Lewis pass, Christchurch to Acaroa, plus the North Island.
Spent 3 weeks there 12 years ago with a motor home and hired a motorbike, Fancy a couple of months with a motor home and bikes !

Home to Dover, then ferry to Calais, then anti-clockwise around the coast of France down to the South, and work my way back via the canal towpaths or avenues verts. If I could manage to take in a visit to Le Mans on the way back (not necessarily during the racing, but I would just like to see some of the places I have read about or seen on TV), then that would be nice.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
It has to be the length of Patagonia via Ruta 40...
When I was riding in Patagonia (the Carretera Austral in southern Chile) I met several who had cycled on ruta 40. They all said it was ghastly experience. Terrible wind, poor road surface, long way between hamlets, little water. I turned round where the road ended in Chile and headed back north. Chile was great, lovely people. Ghastly road surface though.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Touring Provence and the Ardèche for me. No language problems, excellent food, beautiful scenery , nice weather and good accommodation. When can I start?

Top Bottom