Drinking and Listening to

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
So on this fine Autumnal Monday Evening what are people drinking and listening to?

Kasabian's Empire and then probably some very old Marillion whilst drinking a very nice Shiraz Cabernet here in Blackpool.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
BBC 6 Music here, accompanied by some Farne Island ale, courtesy of the owners of the rabbits I've helped to look after this weekend. :biggrin:

purplemoon

Mostly drinking a fine Pinot Grigio whilst chatting on the phone, half listening to Eastenders and reading internet forums :smile:

I'm a woman, I can multi-task :biggrin:

drinking dandelion and burdock, listening to a mix of marilyn manson , my chemical romance and metallica.
ok thats enough laughing.:biggrin:

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
ianrauk said:
Script for a jesters tear per chance?

No did think about it but went for Clutching at Straws which may well be Fish's lost masterpiece. Although I hated it when it came out might have not if I knew it was going to be his last.

Piedwagtail what Metallica are you listening to?

mondobongo said:
Piedwagtail what Metallica are you listening to?

just some of the black album all mixed up with the others.
watched last nights documentary thing earlier, might get the new album when it comes out.

Frome Valley still cider from Herefordshire. Not listening to anything yet, but I might put some Invocal or Nick Drake on YouTube later.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
piedwagtail91 said:
just some of the black album all mixed up with the others.
watched last nights documentary thing earlier, might get the new album when it comes out.

Gonna watch the documentary in a bit on catch up.

I have to admit that I stopped following then after the debacle that was Load and Re-Load and uttered the words sell-out and totally skipped St Anger no solos whats that about.

Death Magnetic sounds like a different band the speed is back and Lars now has that frantic snare that all good thrash had and has not really been heard since Justice For All. Rick Rubin has the pedigree to resurrect the Four Horsemen's career, having produced most of Danzig's and Slayers finest work and he was also at the knobs to produce Blood Sugar Sex Magick for the Chilli Peppers which is a sound album.

As an aside another band suffering from sell out, loss of mojo and releasing some well dodgy stuff has also engaged him to produce their Album slated for a November release.

Have U2 got another Boy October or War up their sleeve? I would like to think so they have produced some right shite over the last 10 years.

shimano

Reading Ronnie Wood's autobiog, listening as appropriate and drinking a little (!) distilled grain and some citrus to go with it...

MessenJah

Rider
Ideally I would have been drinking some 2004 DOCG Chianti Superiore. From Aldi.

And I would have been listening to something I'd never heard before.

But in reality I was drinking tap water and hearing some crappy ITV drama while trying to read E=MC squared: The biography of the world's most famous equation.

Top Bottom