Driver jailed for injuring cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not enough, but compared some killers that get away scot free, this could be seen as a weak but positive result.

Davidc

Guru
At least he gets to see the inside of a jail. The normal sentence would be 3 points and a £50 fine.

It was a deliberate action. If we lived in a civilised society it would be 30 years inside and never allowed to drive again, but we don't.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sounds like the guy is yet another piece of rich boy low-life that thinks he is above the law. Far too many of them in this country, and the number will only grow until more of them get flung in jail.

I hope he has time to consider his actions whilst bending down for the soap in the shower, with his new "friends" :biggrin:.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Brandane said:
Sounds like the guy is yet another piece of rich boy low-life that thinks he is above the law. Far too many of them in this country, and the number will only grow until more of them get flung in jail.

I hope he has time to consider his actions whilst bending down for the soap in the shower, with his new "friends" :biggrin:.

Having met ex-cons in my job and when I went to college many years back this is highly likely. They'll call him "Betty" and it will hopefully be the longest few months of his life.

Still dont think the sentance was high enough given that it was an assault rather than a driving offence imvo.xx(

WeeE

Imagine someone saying in their own defence "I was walking along the pavement with my iron bar, and I didn't like how this man was taking up the pavement, so I decided to clip him with it."

Of course the guilty verdict would be for at least GBH, if not attempted murder, and of course the sentence would have knobs on.

Yet, "clipping" a guy with a ton of metal that has a few thousand horsepower behind it - it seems to sound so reasonable to some folk.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
As I said elsewhere I can't see why he wasn't prosecuted and convicted for leaving the scene and maximum sentence of 6 months gaol attached just for that.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
marinyork said:
As I said elsewhere I can't see why he wasn't prosecuted and convicted for leaving the scene and maximum sentence of 6 months gaol attached just for that.

Possibly the CPS going for an easy goal..? (..and I thought it was "jail"?)

Camgreen

Given this wasn't the first time he's left the scene of an accident, the sentence is far too lenient.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Sounds like they have gone for the safe conviction,at least he will have a bit of time to think about what he has done in jail while he becomes the new play thing in there ! I guess riding a horse will be the last thing he will want to do !!!!

Top Bottom